NAD C521BEE cd drawer problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I'm getting problem with the drawer of my NAD C521BEE player. Instead of the normal just one quick press on the "open" button to open the drawer, occasionally I have to keep on pressing the button for maybe 5 or more seconds before the draw comes out. And at times, have to do this the second time to open it. Moreover, the drawer sometimes closes half-way and comes out again, and has to be closed by pressing the "open" button again. I have replaced the rubber belt and also cleaned with electronic cleaner the "open" button. Also, the socket linking the control PCB to the main PCB circuit board has been cleaned the same way. However, problem still cannot be fixed. Grateful for solutions to the problem. Thanks.

The drawer open button could just be worn out (intermittent contact).

There are also switches which sense whether the drawer is fully out or fully in and they could have dirty contacts.

Other than that, check there are no problems with the drawer mechanism like dirt or hardened grease. Also check the condition and operation of the gears.

Thanks Galu. Before replacing the "open" button, I will check the senors that control the in/out of the drawer, which I remember seeing some sort of copper contacts under the drawer mechanism. I did check the drawer gear and also lubricated all the relevant gear parts.

Wanted to report back that after, spraying the 2 copper contacts underneath the drawer mechanism with electronic cleaner, the drawer now works smoothly. Tested frequently the passed few days and the problem has not come up again. Seems like all these have fixed the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.