nad 701 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi! this is my first post since registering, accidentally touched the speaker wires together on my nad 701, and now it sits in protection on and off, with no sound. anyway, there is 1 resistor that is blown like a marshmellow, and i'm having trouble finding the schematic on line for it so i can figure out the value. it's part r453 on the lower pcb a few inches north of the main caps. any help either with the value or locating a schematic for purchase would be very very much appreciated. would hate to moth ball this thing for a simple little resistor. thank you!!

oh man, thank you soooo much!!! i have one more question, seeing as it's a 180ohm resistor, how does wattage affect the operation of the resistor, and how is wattage identified? I was searching on digikey for a replacement and was floored by all the different options. Thanks again!!!

The resistor wattage will be dependant on the current. The more heat that needs to be dissipated the higher the wattage. The phsical size of the resistor will give you an idea. We are probably talking a 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistor. You can always go higher in wattage rating providing it will physically fit. Example: a 180ohm 1/4 watt is required you could use 180ohm 1/2 watt.

Edit: you can always post a picture and it would be pretty easy to tell you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.