NAD 502 cd player help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey everyone, im back.

i got an old NAD 502 cd player off ebay a little bit ago, and it was broken, as-is for parts. i managed to fix it quite easily, but it has since died. it powers up, but on power up, the disc motor spins VERY FAST, and it tries and eject the disc. their appears to be no laser activity, and one of the transistors gets REALLY hot (its not sinked either...) at one point something started smoking, but i could not tell what it was. it worked beautifully, and just one time when i turned it on, it stopped, just like that.

i can scan in some pics of the board, or if somoene had a schematic, i would appreciate it. it would be nice to fix, or just upgrade once it works, since its a decent little player.

it looks as if the power supply caps have leaked too, but the voltage after them looks fine, but im not really sure whats its SUPPOSED to be...

any help would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.