myfilestore redirect / hijack

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
What I saw concurs with what they have said at MyCE:

These websites appear to be affiliate sites that let's you download something. Most likely once the installation is done the 'hackers' will receive a fee or they try to infect people with malware. It's always a good idea to do additional virus scanning when you've ended up on that page. We've also submitted the domains to Google which will hopefully take measures.

So, unless you actually chose to download and run something from one of those popups, you should be.. touch wood.. fine.

yes, there was no indication in my console that anything was installed and I havent seen it again, or had any ill effects, but i'll do a diagnostic this weekend regardless.

thanks again Jason for the tireless hours you put into this place, i'll take the opportunity to reinforce how much I appreciate it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.