My Turntables and DIY ET-2 tonearm board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://www.records33.com/uploadfile/20100827090234330.jpg

I have 2 of these arms and they are easily one the best tone arms around. Beautiful machine work. Was there a reason you could not have placed the arm on the right side for easier cueing?

Some of the more expensive Micros had air platters also, was this one of them?

Regards
David

Judging from the top part of the platter, it think not!
The air suspended/record vacuum platters had all steel surfaces with soft flanges at
the records periphery and center tab...
Any way it is, any good micro is a work of art and a glimpse of the shape of things to come
some 30 years ago...
One question about the tonearm base: wasn't there enough space to make a separately standing one,
or you just wanted an intergraded solution?

Last edited:
Judging from the top part of the platter, it think not!
The air suspended/record vacuum platters had all steel surfaces with soft flanges at
the records periphery and center tab...
Any way it is, any good micro is a work of art and a glimpse of the shape of things to come
some 30 years ago...
One question about the tonearm base: wasn't there enough space to make a separately standing one,
or you just wanted an intergraded solution?

This is the first generation of MICRO SEIKI SX-8000Turntable, there is no vacuum absorption functions. MICRO SEIKI SX-8000 II Turntable with vacuum suction function, very rare and expensive.
Tonearm installation location is convenient to operate.

I have 2 of these arms and they are easily one the best tone arms around. Beautiful machine work. Was there a reason you could not have placed the arm on the right side for easier cueing?

Some of the more expensive Micros had air platters also, was this one of them?

Regards
David

I spent 6 years to design two sets of air flotation turntable and tonearm system. I will introduce to you, I hope to share with you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.