My take to the "Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I made today a few modification at the Tube-I-zator Module.

First i insert receptacle pins for all resistors in the tube stage.
So it´s easy to change the values without soldering if necessary.

Second i changed the Rk & R I/V resistors to my beloved TX2575.
It is really fascinating, what these resistors do to the sound.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The last thing for now are the output caps. I changed to Ampohm 2,2 µF polyester in oil, bypassed by the russian K72P-6 teflon.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now it´s time to fine-tune the sound with the right output caps....:p

One thing is clear. This new "Reference DAC" project here, outperforms my really perfect sounding "Big Blue" 4x TDA1541A DAC with all his modifications and with it´s tube-rectifier stage.

So this and the fact that i don´t need two DAC´s is the reason, why i sell my "Big Blue" DAC pcb here!

:cheers:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Pre-Order List

+/- Power Supply Module
  • nickname

Shunt regulator Module for TDA1541A
  • nickname

Shunt regulator Module for add. +5V line
  • nickname

TDA1541A DAC Module
  • nickname

All who are interested, could insert the nickname in the fields under the Module description.

just solder those TX2575 in there already; you know they are gonna stay ;)

nice dac mate, really like your choice of components. the new KG nichicons are great caps, only beaten as far as lytics go, by the new titanium mundorf. i'm keen to try the new silk nichicons.

i'll be watching this GB to see that ut gets off the ground and grab some of the power supply PCBs

Hi Guys, I hope you don't mind me butting in! I normally hang out on the CD650 thread and the CD63 thread. I have a heavily modded philips CD960 (almost the same as Marantz CD94) and I'm interested in a new TDA board so I can fit more PSU's in my player.

Maurizio, in my experience, the more seperation you can give in the PSU the better. Oliver has said that it will work. However, I would be looking to run multiple shunt regs for best perfomance. You could maybe start with 1 then add more????

Regards, Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.