My take on LM317 / LM337 power supply PCB

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I need a very simple, basic LM317/LM337 that supplies +/-12V at 100ma or less.
I really like some of the features here such as the CLC input filters and the LEDs that I can take off board to indicate power. The only 'improvements' that may suit my purposes is replacing the Zener with a potentiometer and being careful about what I use for C9 and C10?

Regards,
Dan

attachment.php

Attachments

• MySecondAttempt.jpg
    MySecondAttempt.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 935
The only 'improvements' that may suit my purposes is replacing the Zener with a potentiometer and being careful about what I use for C9 and C10?
Not the only:
1. Add RC-snubber.
2. Be careful with L1/L2 DC resistance. The larger - the better. With a low DC resistance it may become ringing and things became worse. It can be even better to add some several Ohm resistance in series.
3. There is no strong need in C5/C6 (if there is C3/C4 present).
4. You may increase C7/C8 to 22/47/100 uF (but not larger).
5. I prefer to use general purpose electrolytic types at C9/C10 place and don't think about will it ring or not with low-ESR (low-impedance) caps (ceramics etc).

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not the only:
1. Add RC-snubber.
2. Be careful with L1/L2 DC resistance. The larger - the better. With a low DC resistance it may become ringing and things became worse. It can be even better to add some several Ohm resistance in series.
3. There is no strong need in C5/C6 (if there is C3/C4 present).
4. You may increase C7/C8 to 22/47/100 uF (but not larger).
5. I prefer to use general purpose electrolytic types at C9/C10 place and don't think about will it ring or not with low-ESR (low-impedance) caps (ceramics etc).

Size and cost makes the following my first choice for L1/L2.
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Bourns/RLB0913-221K?qs=Rodu%2FvDoGwIMI82lSmllkQ%3D%3D

Regards,
Dan