My TABAQ Build Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is old thread. did anyone build these? with BSC circuit?

Many people have built TABAQs, with or without BSC.

If you put them directly on a back wall, they do not need a BSC.
If you want them standing on their own away from a wall, a BSC is probably a good idea. Thanks to X for the cheaper idea too.

I love mine. They are so easy to build and sound wonderful.

Many people have built TABAQs, with or without BSC.

If you put them directly on a back wall, they do not need a BSC.
If you want them standing on their own away from a wall, a BSC is probably a good idea. Thanks to X for the cheaper idea too.

I love mine. They are so easy to build and sound wonderful.

I have used the same TABAQ with and without BSC. In all honesty I have never heard a difference, though it has been recorded in my measurement mic/software. My TABAQ are usually some 16" from the back wall.

If you shortcut the filter while listening you will hear a difference. Vocals are less present and the overall sound is more "dark".

Bjørn

Bjorn,

Thanks for the advise, will try that...Anyways, I run my TC9 TABAQ with BSC, since my mic says there is a difference, my thought is that it doesn't hurt to have it, even if my ears at a first glance don't notice the difference. Though I will try your recommendation, so I can confirm the difference.

As for the TC9, just like you have said bass is lacking, but I am using a subwoofer to compensate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.