My Sony VFET CSX1 Adventures & Grief !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
under the hood will be more there are two channel , 60-65° maybe ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-23 policarbonate toxic at temperature - Cerca con Google.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-23 policarbonate toxic at temperature - Cerca con Google.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 421
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I like the labels! I've been thinking of a way to "document" my builds so that whoever cleans up after I'm gone has some insight about what is what. I've been thinking of taking some of these discussion threads and turning them into PDF documents and saving my notes as documents and putting it all on a SD card or USB drive that is stuck inside the chassis somewhere. I don't know what else to do to make things accessible to others...

Haha, same thing here, I'm building for each of my sons a VFET part 2 amp, to take with them when they go to live on their own. And wondering if I put all the specs and remarks on the back or USB stick or printed labels inside... :)
They are 15 and 17 so it would probably not take that long to make an USB 3.0 disk a floppydisk :D
Super_BQ's kids are a bit younger, I see :)

under the hood will be more there are two channel , 60-65° maybe ?

Good thing my plastic covers are made of acrylic:

"One of the potential advantages to acrylic is that it does not contain or release Bisphenol A (BPA) during hydrolysis (degradation due to material contact with water)"

Everything You Need To Know About Acrylic (PMMA)

Now where to find my infrared temperature reader... I know it's somewhere in the house.

I think the difference in the measured temperatures using the ir thermometer on the vfets vs mosfets is most likely due to differences in emissivity of the 2 surfaces.

After all the wonderful things that have been said of Vfets, another advantage of VFets is - they are also less likely to be taken out by heat seeking missiles.
Actually most likely due to the lower emissivity of the TO3 can, but I like to give the praise to the Vfet.
Hahaha

Last edited:
Hello, I see you answered all the questions you had for me a year ago... Sorry I never checked the mail sooner.

Neutrix makes great connectors I would use those for power.
I use old hard drive lids for mu shields, you want the older heavy server drive ones.
Papa talked about adding a pinch of odd harmonics, and I bought 1 ohm wire wound pots to put in between the drains and the rails.

Looks like you put a lot of love into this beast. I hope it is rewarded.

I have all the parts but, got distracted with TPA3255 Class D... don't tell Papa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.