My new design ---DAC(SAA7350*2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bricolo,

I worked on both the OTL ESL amp and Analogue amp back in 1990 - 92 - I've long since lost the circuits - the ESL amps are near to you - just outside Paris down the A4 :)

If the dual SAA7350 CD player develops into a serious project (depending whether I can get hold of significant quantities of the SAA7350 & PMD100 or PMD200) then I will post the schematics once drawn.

John

Hi

Sorry for my English is so poor,so I keep dumbness so long.
In my PCB, it can use the DIR for CS8412 and CS8414 both of SMD or DIP.
It can use the DF for SM5813,SM5803,SM5843,DF1700,DF1704,PMD100 and all can use both of SMD or DIP.
About the output AMP , it can use the SAA7350 intramural O/P, and also can bypass the SAA7350 intramural O/P, I have balance their differ , if use the SAA7350 intramural O/P, the sound is bland and the high frequency with low frequency is have a little .
If bypass the SAA7350 intramural O/P, and use the transistor O/P amp ,it so good , all the sound is best, I have contrast with the other friends DAC of PCM63,PCM1704, my DAC is best! And I have contrast to Marantz CD16K, CD7, my DAC just like CD7, and better the CD16K any more.
I do the AMP for transistor and vacuum tube both any years, but I love transistor, I can make the sound like vacuum tube but it's have more force and detail .

JohnW said:
Bricolo,

I worked on both the OTL ESL amp and Analogue amp back in 1990 - 92 - I've long since lost the circuits - the ESL amps are near to you - just outside Paris down the A4 :)

If the dual SAA7350 CD player develops into a serious project (depending whether I can get hold of significant quantities of the SAA7350 & PMD100 or PMD200) then I will post the schematics once drawn.

John

yes I was asking about the dac, yes. Not the amplifiers.
When you wrote that you use duals/inverted. I assume you use them in I2S mode? Is the inverted stream a "truly" inverted I2S (A/+1), or inverted with a not gate (A/)? I remember having a discussion with a mbmber here, arguing to me that the A/ wasn't good, since it added a permanent offset (1LSB) and that this DC offset was distortion...

JohnW said:
Arthur,

I have a MOSFET’s based amp I designed with a Bryson type Nch & Pch OPS device for the upper and Nch & Pch lower pairs – bridged and with error correction circuit. Ironically this amp achieves distortion in the PPM range – and is the best sound analogue (ignoring the OTL ESL amp above) I’ve heard. It’s been my test amp for the past 15 years – a fine challenger for my Pure Digital Amplifiers….

The SAA7350’s where configured dual differentially (one for each channel), so inverted and non-inverted data was inputted from the PMD100 to each SAA7350.

The internal switch capacitor network was used (with due care taken with the Vref circuit), but with an external I/V which drove a balanced LPF – and summed with another discrete Opamp operating in Class A to form the output.

Hello John

In your silicon amp, what capacitors did you use for the output stage power supply . The correction circuit was that a scheme around the output stage to get the PPM THD. Was the input stage regulated and if so what caps did you use there.

The Class A discrete Opamp was this a folded cascode design, and on the low voltage stage stuff what caps did you use there. When I say type I mean brand an series.

Regards
Arthur

Regards

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.