My MBL 101E replicas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't you worry, that somebody will use your info for making such speakers for sale.

I usually keep simple stuff to myself, that is possible to make commercial, but anything like for example the speakers you made there, is not really a problem to be open about.

Anybody able to make such, is also able to make their own commercial projects, they don't have a reason to steal :)

Nice project though. I had something similar in the pipeline, a while ago, but have moved on to full range speakers.

Have you heard the original? I liked them a lot, but I was told they need a big room, to work well.

Magura :)

Hello.
Never I heard original saying mbl 101.
I know that it requires place MBL 101 great deal.
Soon I will place diagrams, frequencies and impedance.
I processed project of ribbon by period obtain debt long time.
There is on very high level sound.
My project is polished up far.
It is neutral sound, very fast, detailed.
Feeling of presence of musician is paralyzing.
Dynamics and they are shocking three dimension.
Genuine and soundly real sound!
:)

Trial not finished array colatte.

Attachments

• CEBULA W CAŁOŚCI1.JPG
    CEBULA W CAŁOŚCI1.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 2,275
  • Omni''grand melone''.JPG
    Omni''grand melone''.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 2,154
Wow. Amazing work! I've heard mbl 101's a number of times. If setup and powered correctly they are stunning speakers.

Yours look incredible. Do you have a template for making the large upper base petals? Do you have anything in the middle of the unit soaking up any internal sound? Any basic construction hints for the rest of us?

Inspiring work, thank you.

Great work and you could not have chosen a more difficult speaker to duplicate :)

I have heard the MBL speaker a couple of times , the last was more than 10 yrs ago , so I'm not sure of how it compares to there current stuff. What I do remember was that the sound was sweet, gentle and a bit 2 delicate and soft for my taste.

They also did required a ton of power and was always demonstrated with there monster size amplifiers ..

cheers ....

From internet searching for about 5 minutes only - so I may not have a very good understanding of it - it is simply about making the air compress (or sound propagate, to put it another way) in an almost spherical way.

Instead of the usual forward and back, flat air compression from a conventional driver, these use that motion to in turn compress the "balls" which then compress the air around their spherical surface.

I bet if you could see the compression wave, it would be more toroidal than spherical.

So, for me, that begs the question is the significant thing about these speakers the 360' kind of "dipole" action giving the fantastic sound as opposed to any kind of revolutionary driver? To me, the drivers behave fairly conventionally in terms of speed of movement etc etc.

A simple idea - one of those that you wish you'd thought of yourself!

Has anyone, commercially or at home, ever tried a 360' electrostatic speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.