My LME49600/49610 PCB design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
qusp, none of your bullets listed would hold up in any court except for maybe the layout and arrangement if we were talking about a compact Iphone not an audio PSU using large discrete components.

erm you didnt read the posts where I said the same thing? do you really feel that makes it ok? you clearly have a completely different morality, of a type that baffles me, no matter how prevalent it has become in this world where people think they can steal ideas simply because it skates just within what is enforceable by law.

its one thing to try to make that fly on the net, but to do it to a member of the forum who has been so generous here… ??

I wouldnt blame Owen if he never posted another idea, layout or design here again, thanks for that…

Last edited:
And BTW qusp, OPC is not the first to arrange a PSU with heat sinks and variable resistors on each side, and fours caps in the middle. I've done it before, and so has well known audio company Twisted Pear among others.

Last edited:
qusp, I honestly don't think OPC is bothered by any of this. He's an engineer like myself, he'd be the first one to tell you there's nothing special about his PSU design and layout. Don't worry, OPC will continue to provide this great forum with his great designs.

qusp, I honestly don't think OPC is bothered by any of this. He's an engineer like myself, he'd be the first one to tell you there's nothing special about his PSU design and layout. Don't worry, OPC will continue to provide this great forum with his great designs.

really? you dont think he would be bothered? yet you didnt even think to ask? just when he finally decides to make something commercial from one of his designs on here and invests in it, thus doesnt offer any further PCBs even though there is a clear demand for them? then someone comes along, doesnt even ask him, links his thread and says he'll offer PCBs do you honestly think thats reasonable?

nothing special yet you chose to copy it almost exactly?

wintermute: its in production at the moment, the group buy went ahead and we are all building or planning our builds already, but after how successfully it turned out opc decided he would make a go of it. hes still supporting the group that bought the PCBs so its still a valid DIY project for those who managed to get some.

he ordered the parts some time ago, the PCBs have probably already been received and I wish him well. it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when someone knows this and yet still steals the concept because he cant get PCBs and then without asking, just goes ahead and says he'll offer PCBs if people like. I would have no objection to someone building the amp for themselves, even though myself I would probably ask even then, but that is not what we are talking about here.

do people really think this is OK? do we really just take for granted that any professional or amateur that posts a design here can just be taken and used, as well as duplicated and sold without permission?. I know the law will not say there is anything illegal going on here, but myself I would like to think we reserve a bit more respect for those who give their time and knowledge here; may all your boards oscillate!

you could have done SOMETHING differently, used a different opamp stage or opamp, used a different power supply, hell even turned the heatsinks around, had the diodes on top of the board, fed the buffers back to back whatever, instead you took most of the neat layout arrangements (except the far superior instrumentation input layout and good star grounding)
you used LME49990 for input, parallel LME49600/10 for output and an identical PSU arrangement someone else commented on this before me too.

Last edited:
I agree with wintermute you're making way too much out of this whole thing.

Until I posted the pic of the PSU you were fine with my PCB and even seemed interested in one as you mentioned in post 5. That was my only intention from the start, to see how many diyAudio members would be interested in my PCB design and only then would I consider having the boards manufactured and tested and made available. I never said that I would do GB.

Anyway, this whole thing has gotten way out of hand, I'm moving on.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.