My lm3886 GC

My project was frozen for about two years until I found this forum and all the posts about how good the sound quality with these chips were :happy1:. So after a few months DIY'ing my project is finally almost finished and I decided to introduce it. It's a stereo setup at the moment but there's space for 4 more amp modules and another power supply...

It's based on the schematics found here. The trafo is a 2x25V 630VA with snubberized power supply based on the carlosFM desing.

Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• img_1143.jpg
    img_1143.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,186

sek

2003-05-21 2:51 pm
Berlin
Hi,

were you participating in the 'group buy' on the forum in poland?
Sorry, can't understand the thread you linked to... :D

Or did you etch the boards yourself from the tested layout?
Can you compare to other gainclone circuits/concepts?

Anyways, how does it sound? ;)

Cheers,
Sebastian.

enzie

2005-01-27 8:01 pm
Finland
I made a few layout changes to the pcb and then etched them myself. I have been listening 'em for a few hours now and it sounds quite good.. I'll have to test it with different kind of music. And I am feeding the amp from the Yamaha rxv-440 Headphone socket so with a real preamp it'll propably sound much much better =)..

Attachments

• img_1149.jpg
    img_1149.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 946
enzie said:
I made a few layout changes to the pcb and then etched them myself. I have been listening 'em for a few hours now and it sounds quite good.. I'll have to test it with different kind of music. And I am feeding the amp from the Yamaha rxv-440 Headphone socket so with a real preamp it'll propably sound much much better =)..

Very nice work.

Why don't you put 50k pot and drive it directly from the CD player? The pre of the Yamaha is not very good.... Personal experience.

Greg