my humble lxmini homage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That's a great price on the Dayton Ref driver - glad it worked out for you. I recently upgraded some Dayton Classic 8's with Reference 7 in paper cones and they worked out much better - distortion went down a lot. I had same problem of undersized sealed chamber. Your comment on value is correct. These drivers are some of the best values around. Do you have any measurements?

I expect you are getting a lot of the performance of a real LX Mini for a fraction of the cost. Very good drive units you have there, irrespective of cost. I expect the little Vifas will go a bit lower than that and accept a bit of EQ to boost them around the crossover point.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If you bring the XO down to 600Hz you basically can get a FAST that avoids having a XO in the critical telephone band region and the sound will be much more coherent and imaging and soundstage will improve even. If you ha e time look at Harsch XO and implement that at 600Hz to get quasi transient perfect for great percussion realism. However, I am not sure what SL proposes for the XO based on requiring the woofer to be omni - it should help to go lower.

Correct if im wrong on volume calculation.There how I did :
I took 4" as inside diameter and 33" height of pipe and out of it got total volume of such pipe is 1659.4286 cubic Inches.
Know volume of 1659.4286 cubic Inches will converted to liters (google cubic inches to liters conversion calculator ) and I will get 27.1930564682 liter volume.
Making round it will be 27 liter volume.
How did you got 4.0in ID x33in long to be 6.7 liters?

Correct if im wrong on volume calculation.There how I did :
I took 4" as inside diameter and 33" height of pipe and out of it got total volume of such pipe is 1659.4286 cubic Inches.
Know volume of 1659.4286 cubic Inches will converted to liters (google cubic inches to liters conversion calculator ) and I will get 27.1930564682 liter volume.
Making round it will be 27 liter volume.
How did you got 4.0in ID x33in long to be 6.7 liters?

Gin, you're squaring the diameter of the pipe instead of the radius in your volume calculation. 2 inch radius gives a 415 cubic inch volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.