My good old-new Aleph

Thanks.

Unfortunately only that trouble that it ZENV9 even better, it F4 even at this right, and will be for me F5 too.
Next who knows it yet we the master pulls everything out from the hat.
But I am not a back sure alone with this illness.

I am especially proud of the maestro's praise.

Gyuri

PS:
One of the moderators would make a big favour to me if he would correct my grammatical mistakes.

Because onto my daughter yet, I may not count on my son already though.
Lineup knows it, why.

well: Gyuri,
this is one old project of yours
Topic is over 3 years old
( not that Lineup ever care how old anything is .. as long as it IS GOOD :D )

3 years ago,
F1 was not even born on The Pass Kitchen table, I think.
Time goes by .. very quickly!
New babies are born. They need some attention.

But let us not forget those older children.
They have their life, too.
Even if they do not scream so loud no more.
For dad and mam to assist them every minute.

Linie
--------------------
My personal Nelson Pass favourites, so far:
> Zen variation 5 - The Complementary Zen
> www.firstwatt.com F4 - The Complementary Buffer IRFP240 / IRFP9240

With some extra time at home?

Dug out the old Aleph Mono block amps after years of sitting idol. They are 20+ years old now. :rolleyes: :geezer: Dusted it off inside and out. Put power to it through my variac and everything still works, Offset less than 25mV. Still sounds very good, even after all the other "better" amps.

500 VA Transformers, 32 volt rails, 6 output devices/rail, 12 total each Mono block, 2.5 amps bias/rail. Even still has the IRF 9610 input Mosfets.

Single ended, high bias, balanced input, lots of heat, very heavy. What's not to like about DIY audio building.

Good old-new Aleph indeed!

BDP

Attachments

• Aleph Amp.jpg
    Aleph Amp.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Aleph.jpg
    Aleph.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 312

Dug out the old Aleph Mono block amps after years of sitting idol. They are 20+ years old now. :rolleyes: :geezer: Dusted it off inside and out. Put power to it through my variac and everything still works, Offset less than 25mV. Still sounds very good, even after all the other "better" amps.

500 VA Transformers, 32 volt rails, 6 output devices/rail, 12 total each Mono block, 2.5 amps bias/rail. Even still has the IRF 9610 input Mosfets.

Single ended, high bias, balanced input, lots of heat, very heavy. What's not to like about DIY audio building.

BDP

Well, these are quite convincing pieces.
But, can you use these as a welding machine? ;)

The heat sinks I found at a surplus electronics store and bought all they had. The first batch went to an A75 build then the Alephs then F3's.

At the time the Aleph's were built I had Mid-Tweeter-Mid Scan-speak loud speakers, so a fairly low impedance load.

Fast forward 20 years and my loudspeakers are backloaded Sonido drivers with an easy load for amplifiers.

No need for welding! Maybe light dimmers?

BDP

Joined 2010
Paid Member

BDP

Hmm... are you willing to sell that amp?

Joined 2010
Paid Member

BDP

That amplifier looks horrendous, terrible, incredibly old... are you sure you don't want to sell it?

;-)