my flush\inwall\ib system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HF - Radian 950pb in ph2380 horns.
LF - 18sound 15nd730 in IB.
X-over and equalisation - DCX2496.
+transport, amplifiers, cables, two holes in the wall, a few pieces of chipboard - it's all for now.
Perhaps, it will be 3- or 4-way:scratch: sometime later.
Now it works fine enough in this simple form :smash: :spin:.
I'll add measurements soon.
Front view on my avatar, side :D view in attachment.

Attachments

• RCh_backside_from_LCh.jpg
    RCh_backside_from_LCh.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 321
Talk about the separation of sources....

Since there's so much freedom in designing a new system in such a room, please consider trying this very interesting concept:

Virtual Acoustics and Audio Engineering: Optimal Source Distribution

Or, this paper also showed similar things:

http://homepage.mac.com/cooperbauck/cbpublications/documents/modifieddipole.pdf

I just heard about this recently (from a kind person). A very 'revolutionary' setup for DIYers, at least a pretty big WOW to me. In fact I'm not fully recovered yet after that shock...

If the room is still nearly empty and nothing is deadly fixed yet, why not try something very 'different'? :D I envy anyone who has the space and freedom to do such experiments.

I haven't had any chance to listen to that kind of arrangement, yet. But I believe the potential.

I second Cal Weldon.

And also because you use CD-horn they sound the brightest when they are straight pointed at the listener or only with a very small angle.

You could mount the speaker on a verical axes so you can twist it a bit in wall.

Only your closedbox becomes much smaller Flaesh:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.