My DIY BT5.0 headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That is a pity. Despite the vast amount of engineering involved and the meticulous details..... I have learned the hard way that fans and batteries are exactly the things that wear out and/or go out spectacularly nearly always resulting in high costs :D Besides that one will need mains voltage anyway to charge the batteries. The world would be better off when we would use a least batteries in all their variations as possible. True green design. When I saw the mountains of worn out batteries when I was in China this confirmed my opinion.

In my work I see large(r) DC installations everyday, the ones that run the most reliable are the older installations that are passively cooled and contain no SMPS. There are various installations running since 1996 without defects except the standard battery replacements.

Last edited:
Agree your point.

I know it's very difficult recycle lithium battery and the lithium Mining and manufacturing process Bring a lot of pollution.

So I Do my best to make the design durable even use battery and Fan cooling.

I have added oil to the fan shaft make sure they can running a decade or longer.
50202351311_2a1667fa3c_c_d.jpg

Just finish the battery capacity LED voltage Adjustment

After getting the discharge curve and correcting the voltage compare point.
Now the LED will turn off one segment every 87 minutes when use battery supply.

50201809568_ea5cf0b441_h_d.jpg

50202616017_098467d6cb_c_d.jpg

50201809558_a2075bfd04_c_d.jpg

And in my case.
This amplifier is power by battery but the DC adapter always connected.

the battery will not deep discharge when use amplifier
Because It's fully charge all the time.

And also I have auto charge balance circuit.
So the cell life time will very long

I have a 4S8P battery pack only got 16mV Voltage difference each series since I build it from 2014 until now.

Battery life is not problem if design well.

The problem is Manufacturers love cost down and use battery capacity too margin
That's why you see so much Scrap battery inChina

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.