My 3D printed ToneArm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Design decisions is part of making ;)

I see the VTA (but unsure as to how the magnet gap is maintained ??.)
But the claimed antiskating...? is it the torsion of the thread(s) and the rotational adjustment at the arm base....or is that the VTA height ???
Anti Skating is not suppose to be constant but vary as the rotational diameter and centrifugal force changes as the stylus get closer to the center of the record. My design aka Naim ARO is also the way: 3D printable tonearm “NAIM ARO Inspired” |

I concur with the others in saying that you've done a great looking job! Pivoting the arm by a string means an almost frictionless suspension. But in contrary to a gimballed suspension it also is anchorless. Instead you've created a pendulum whose resonant frequency, defined by the effective mass next to the suspension and the string's length (the distance between the string's upper end to the center of gravity, to be precisely) might well fall into the audio range, hence having an impact to the sonic performance. What did you observe?
Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.