My 1st Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
superb finish work!

Instead of a Clone (or semi clone), why not consider your own design for your next project? (..of course thats not to say that it couldn't incorporate some design features you like from products like the X-1).

If you are deadset on the X-1 you might "ping" Peter Daniel on this forum - I believe he has done some DIY with this design. (and like you, he knows how to produce a quality finish.)

ScottG said:
superb finish work!

Instead of a Clone (or semi clone), why not consider your own design for your next project? (..of course thats not to say that it couldn't incorporate some design features you like from products like the X-1).

If you are deadset on the X-1 you might "ping" Peter Daniel on this forum - I believe he has done some DIY with this design. (and like you, he knows how to produce a quality finish.)

Mostly because i want somthing tried and true which looks good and i do want to branch out on my own and try some design work but i want to gain some more background in the feild (and at 14 i have plenty of time to do so! :))

Veneers were cut from solid 2" stock on bandsaw and then planed by hand with a little hand plane, Woofers: 2 peerless CSCX 7", midbass G-R research M-130, tweeter (which is the best ive heard to date) Hiquphone OW-1. Even with the economy midbass these sound phenomonal, plan to replace it with a scan speak and plan to swap out the woofers for the focal 7" W- cone ones when funds come.

Your speakers are beautiful, i love the one that you made look like stone!

For the drivers+schematics check:http://murphyblaster.com/content.php?f=MBOW1_3-WAY.html

The single 10" woofer in his design was changed into 2 7" woofers (inductances & resistors have to be halved and capacitor values are doubled.) both of which are by peerless and are avaliabe at madisound.com.

The cabinet, i got from a stock picture on the focal website by taking the size of the tweeter front and getting a ratio because i already had one of those tweeters in my dad's wilson watt/puppy clone so i just compared sizes and made a 1:1 blueprint of the cabinet, later i got a chance to measure the real thing at a Hi-Fi shop in New York City and my dimensions were only 1/16th inch large.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.