Music not to die for!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is a brilliant documentary called "Touching the Void" about a couple of climbers scaling a mountain in South America. On the way down one of the climbers takes a long fall and really badly smashes his leg up. His climbing partner believes that he has almost certainly died and heads back down the mountain to base camp.
Meanwhile the other climber (Joe Simpson) miraculously servives and manages to drag himself out of a crevasse and back down towards base camp.
Through immense pain and delirium he has a tune going through his head that by his reckoning keeps him alive as he really did not want to die listening to it.
What tune?

"Brown Girl in the Ring" by Boney M

What piece of music do you "not" want to hear when you are dying?

For me it would be "Klingon's on the Starboard bow"
(can't remember the band)
Or anything by Bob Dylan
:violin:

"Touching the Void" ...one of the climbers takes a long fall and really badly smashes his leg up. His climbing partner believes that he has almost certainly died and heads back down the mountain to base camp. Meanwhile, the other climber (Joe Simpson) miraculously survives and manages to drag himself out of a crevasse and back down towards base camp.

I saw that show, and I _highly_ recommend watching it if you are interested in true life adventure/survival.

I think we have all had some really annoying "earworms", but not necessarily in life threatening situations. I have found that I tend to get earworms more often in stressful situations, though. :) I wonder if this is common?

Maybe "Another one bites the dust" would be a bad song to have in your head...

"Touching the Void" is one of the best documentaries that you will see as Ron E agrees.
It is well worth watching.

I can't remember who but I recently heard of someone fameous that had
"Return to Sender" [playing at his funeral!

I have another: "I am the Walrus" (Beatles)
or indeed "Yellow Submarine", which to my ears sounds like a nursery rhyme for Scousers with learning difficulties

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.