• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mundorf "M-LYTIC AG" psu caps for Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Oliver,

Those are just beautiful. I've got 8 coming my way, yippee!

I've often thought about cutting the traces between the + section of the 4700uf caps and throwing in chokes with very low DCR. What say you Salas?

Anand.

If they are uH value and compact to solder underneath its OK for cutting very high frequency gremlins from the diodes. If big like speaker coils, will need cabling that will widen the loop area making it more of an antenna and may offset the benefit.

If they are uH value and compact to solder underneath its OK for cutting very high frequency gremlins from the diodes. If big like speaker coils, will need cabling that will widen the loop area making it more of an antenna and may offset the benefit.

Gotcha. I decided against it, since most of the chokes I have looked at that have a low DCR are too big, and the ones which have a high DCR are too small from a uH standpoint.

Better to just use a good common differential choke in the AC line in which is what I will do (as I do in most of my dac or preamp projects). Something like Audio Circle's Felix filter.

Anand.

Gotcha. I decided against it, since most of the chokes I have looked at that have a low DCR are too big, and the ones which have a high DCR are too small from a uH standpoint.

Better to just use a good common differential choke in the AC line in which is what I will do (as I do in most of my dac or preamp projects). Something like Audio Circle's Felix filter.

Anand.

Maybe these look like a good choice:

http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-data/pdf/AEL0000/AEL0000CE7.pdf

You must be on first name terms with the post office. :D

I wish I was... I don't know what it is but I usually get pretty quick delivery from Europe. Asia is usually pretty quick too; but, Canada's another story - it usually takes over 3 weeks to get boards from Peter Daniel. Sometimes I think the USPO thinks we're at war with them.

Anyway, I'm definitely counting my blessings in shipment times from Oliver in Germany.

I also ordered from Oliver in the past and Rudi for my Blame ES boards and I received the items in about 3-4 day tops. They are both in Germany and they must have a great postal system. I've ordered from other parts in Europe and China and it can take up to 2 weeks or more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.