Multiple receivers with one set of speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What kind of switch do I need, so I can use one set of speakers and pick between which receiver I want to listen to?

Even better, a switch that can select both multiple inputs and multiple outputs, so I can pick from different speakers as well.

I may just end up building something myself, because the cost of a good speaker switch alone is higher than what I paid for these old receivers.

All in all, I need to be able to switch between 6 or 7 different sources, and 2 or 3 sets of speakers.

Getting multiple speaker outlets is the easy part. You can find switching units at E-Bay that will allow for two to eight sets of speakers.

Your biggest problem is going to be finding a switching unit that will accommodate more than two input sources. They are out there, but the price takes a steep slant upward. I am currently setting up my JAMO switching unit, which allows for six sets of speakers, and two input sources, and allows for volume adjustment of each set of speakers.

Like I said, there are some out there that handle more than two sources, but expect to pay much more for it. I would love to have a setup like that too. :)

I think I'll use a simple logic circuit and relays.

Each input would be a lighted momentary pushbutton, connected to a logic latch that drives a DPST relay. Should be easy to make it select only one input at a time.

Same for the speakers, but would allow for any two outputs to be selected at once, so the load stays at 4-8 ohms.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Maxxarcade said:
I think I'll use a simple logic circuit and relays.

Each input would be a lighted momentary pushbutton, connected to a logic latch that drives a DPST relay. Should be easy to make it select only one input at a time.

Same for the speakers, but would allow for any two outputs to be selected at once, so the load stays at 4-8 ohms.

Why not a rotary switch and relays for the speakers and just a rotary switch for the inputs?
Sounds simple to me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.