Multimeter for T/S parameter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
you should be able to buy a DMM with 200.0mVdc and 200mVac and capacitance and resistance and hFE all for under $20.

It is very difficult to source for DMM that can measure 200mVac here locally. For the $20 price i get stuff that can measure 200Vac not 200mVac.

I was thinking if i were to use speaker workshop, i would only need a DMM that can measure resistance accurately and i think something that has 200V range should be fine right ? Or am I wrong ?

Buzzy said:
I was thinking if i were to use speaker workshop, i would only need a DMM that can measure resistance accurately and i think something that has 200V range should be fine right ? Or am I wrong ?

You are making this harder than it has to be.
If you buy 1% resistors, you need no DMM except to double-check the color code ;). Get a friend to measure your calibration resistors, bring them to a school, maybe an old teacher will measure them for you. There are some options for you.

As to the difficulty of making a jig: if you can't do that, you won't be able to wire a crossover.... consider it practice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.