Multichannel DSD256?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also the lack of a slave mode for AKM type of synchronous DACs with local crystal is a bad thing...

May an old solution given from Jens (RTX) using a digital solution and feeding the master clock to the USBStreamer. :D

Also, one man should check (if needed), whether they REALLY support now digital 192Khz SPDIF in, while on the USBStreamer the digital input with 192Khz SR of simple do not trigger, while done as a SW PLL. :eek:

hp

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, modifying it in the same way as the USBStreamer might be possible.
It looks like they use one crystal oscillator (24 MHz, the small black rectangle) feeding pin 125 of the XMOS device.
The 10-pin IC could perhaps be a PLL (like on the USBStreamer). So it might be possible to identify the MCLK and replace it with an externally generated MCLK. But I don't have an MCHStreamer, so I cannot be completely sure.
Perhaps someone with an MCHStreamer could identify the IC's and the routing?

The XMOS IC is similar to the one I used on the Audio Analyzer, so the PCB floor plan looks familiar.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.