Mueta - Welcome back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice news! I've downloaded ictest_schema.pdf, hmm it's not so simple, to say that " It is a revolutionary step forward in audio design, not only in terms of efficiency and performance – but also in terms of ease of circuit design and manufacturing simplicity." Six opamps (NJM2068) in use + mueta's modulator chip yet.. Let's wait any review about the sound.

Hi,

Good point Ivan, they waited this long to protect their IP by making it into an IC and it seems more and more of the control aspect of it it bled out of the IC, we're left with a fancy driver for making a UCD amp with :)

That's a little ignorant of me actually, I couldn't view the schematic without my computer crashing. I'm not trying to joke that it's that complex.... my PC is just sick and it seems to crash it every time.

You know it's hard not to notice that the new specs given aren't as good as once promised, when we've had three years to burn them into our memories.

All the same it looks like a performer and I'm willing to bet it sounds good, though it will largely depend on who's hands it's in.

I look forward to trying one eventually.

I think Class T just had a heart attack, and any ICEpowered IC's.. hope it sells well for them at least, and we don't have to wait another five years to see the "click here to order" link.

Regards,
Chris

A competitive and I'm assuming possibly better chip amp.

I think they'll be on the same playing field as far as for things like big screen TV's, DVD players, receivers...

I just don't think there's going to be a flood of 1000W all out monoblocks with these.

I guess we'll see what happens.

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: You know on second thought given the level of support circuitry...it is perhaps less competitive than a Tripath solution.

IVX said:

6(!) opamps in the path..i willing too, but can't believe.

:bigeyes:

Makes you think they should have stuck with the singular module, better specs, easier to use/sell... and then they would have been in time to help revolutionize the world of class d audio but as it stands it passed them by. There's got to be a lesson there. I wonder if they can offer it at a decent price??

Very sad, I hope they do well with it anyway.

Chris

I just read something about the mueta concept. I believe to understand that hysteresis plus low-order delta sigma is the superior concept for class D, but why first order? Delta-sigma modulation up to 4th order is usually said to have no stability problems. And what is the point of using the output filter as integrator? Is this just elegant or is this really an advantage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.