Mr. Pass, do you have a wishlist?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
World Peace.

No, they would all be running for the lolly!:bigeyes: The brown note is supposed to make you loose continence! It is a low frequency that supposedly affects the human bowels. Do not know if it has been proven but South Park did an episode on it. Mr. Pass could be a guest on Mythbusters to try the experiment! He could provide the Amp power, not be subjected to it.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: World Peace.

gearheaddruid said:
No, they would all be running for the lolly!:bigeyes: The brown note is supposed to make you loose continence! It is a low frequency that supposedly affects the human bowels. Do not know if it has been proven but South Park did an episode on it. Mr. Pass could be a guest on Mythbusters to try the experiment! He could provide the Amp power, not be subjected to it.

We looked for it when we had the El Pipe-O subwoofers, which
peaked at 15 Hz and had usable response below.

We did not find it.

:cool:

There is no such thing as the Brown Note.
I can generate serious low frequencies on my main system and have done so using a frequency generator. Yes, it was loud. Yes, it was low. Yes, I have a crack in the wall above the door to my shop. No, no one lost control, other than the usual spontaneous comments heard on such occasions: Jesus! Wow! Man, you can feel it! Etc.
Note that if there really were such a thing, people subjected to earthquakes, strong water currents, and the like would have rather obvious symptoms...except that they don't. With the exception of a few people who lose control due to extreme fear (perhaps understandable in the case of earthquakes), survivors do not have a common need for fresh underwear.
This is one of those urban legends (more formally known as memes) that refuses to die. Everyone claims to remember having seen something authoritative about it somewhere, but all that ever comes up are more layers of people who claim it's true, based on other people who claimed it was true, who repeated it because their second cousin once-removed who told them it was so...
Sorry, it's BS.

Grey

P.S.: Someone unearthed a website that claimed that the military had looked into as as a weapon. Showed a picture of a gizmo on a trailer behind a truck.
Two seconds thought would have shown that it was nonsense, as there was no protection in place for the soldiers at the controls behind the thing. As soon as they turned the putative low frequency generator on, they would have suffered the same fate as their enemies, due to the fact that low frequencies are omnidirectional. Not one person noted that simple fact.

If you ask me, it looked like a movie prop from a '50s scaly-aliens-invading-Earth sci-fi movie. You could almost imagine some sort of yellow rays beaming out of the thing.
Needless to say, the aliens would have won, seeing as how the poor army guys would have been over in the bushes with their pants around their ankles.

Waitaminnit...

Hot-diggity-dawg!

Just came up with a story idea. Goes like this:
The aliens (with the inevitable superior technology, natch) have the ability to project negative frequencies! Bog knows what that would do to humans. I mean really...do you want to be the poor slob feeling the aliens' -13Hz death ray tickling your hemorrhoids?
(Insert visual effects not unlike Spielberg's War of the Worlds, but instead of turning to gray ash, they splatter [appropriate squelching noises here] into a moisty fog of...well...you get the idea.)
Want to pulverize [insert city of your choice--I vote for whatever town our noble leader happens to be in at the moment--Washington DC?--no problem--the only thing I'd miss would be the Smithsonian Institution]? Easy. Use -20khz. Quite directional, you see, owing to the high frequencies, thus easy to aim.
Takes a bit, but our hero [Whom shall we cast? Samuel L. Jackson? George Clooney? Better yet, both.] realizes that our positive sonic rays would have an equally distressing effect on those alien rascals.
Needless to say, the hero must call in experts in auditory frequency generation and projection, which means a casting call here at DIY. (Wearing white lab coats, of course--sorta the latter-day successor to the Western good guys wear white hats convention.)
Ha! Got it all figured out.
Well, all except the part about '50s style aliens whoopin' butt on Earth movies being out of fashion.
Rats.
Back to the drawing board.

Grey

I kinda figured that was implicit in the negative frequency thing, on accounta the way to produce negative frequencies is to draw them into the widget, rather than project them (obviously we're crossing the event horizon of a credibility black hole, but since when has Hollywood cared about scientific accuracy?). A sink rather than a source, in other words. So as we're drawing the frequencies out of our victim, seein' as how they're running in reverse, the frequency and polarity are inverted.
All this leads, as day follows night, to a defensive tactic wherein one fires a positive beam at the aliens' negative beam. The two cancel, ala Clarke, and the aliens find themselves nullified.
Kinda like a certain room EQ device, ya know.
Personally, I'm positively itching to use "inverted frequency sonic waves" as bafflegab.

Grey

No no no, you've got it all wrong, but I know this advanced alien technology is difficult to grasp. Positive frequencies only allow broadcasting. Negative frequencies opens up also for the use of
broadcatching technology.

Look at it this way. If somebody or something produces a sound, we can hear it. If a TV station is broadcasting a program, we can see it. However, the sound is produced even if nobody is listening, and the program is sent even if nobody is watching. That is the principle of broadcasting. So what then is broadcatching? It is the opposite of broadcasting, of course. The technology of broadcatching, which requires negative frequencies, allows us to hear sounds even when nobody or nothing produces them and it allows us to watch a TV program even if nobody is sending it.

So in short, broadcasting is one sender and zero to infinitely many recievers and broadcatching is one receiver and zero to infinitely many senders (of the actual sound/signal/whatever the receiver is receiving).

Actually, I have a hunch Nelson already knew this, but the audio industry try to stop the technology since a broadcatching capable listener no longer needs any audio equipment to listen to music.

"Only man with a lack of imagination knows how to spell (indefinitely) but one way !!"

BTW, Sandia in NM is making very high power GaN JFETs for X-band T/R MMIC's, (radars, etc.) I'm told these things work pretty well all the way down to DC. I'd bet these guys would have no problems making a high power single device cascode audio amp with VERY wide bandwidth. No cheaper than HRL's W-Band HFETs, I'm afraid though, and not as robust. Oh well.

In the meantime, any ideas on how to put together a 75 watt Lovoltech JFET-based amp ? I'm thinking a bridged F6 (whatever that is) with a JFET diff amp front end might be the trick......or is the F6 already a bridged F3 ??

Back to the wishlist

I saw a bumper sticker today:" World peace can only happen when the power of love is stronger than the love of power" I thought it was good.
MR. Pass, it would seem to me sending you electronic parts would be like sending water to a drowning man. What we would be interested in knowing is: what other things interest you? (Remember, we are poor college students or starving artist here!)
EG, IF you fish, perhaps some hand tied flys. Just a thought.
Regards, Steve

Back to the wishlist

I saw a bumper sticker today:" World peace can only happen when the power of love is stronger than the love of power" I thought it was good.
MR. Pass, it would seem to me sending you electronic parts would be like sending water to a drowning man. What we would be interested in knowing is: what other things interest you? (Remember, we are poor college students or starving artist here!)
EG, IF you fish, perhaps some hand tied flys. Just a thought.
Regards, Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.