MQA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

As I see it the "problem" with MQA is that it is being sold to the public as making all music better. Sorry, but you can not improve what was not stored in the recording. What was captured is as good as it gets.

Just making a new release of an older song (most of music!) MQA, doesn't make it any better in reality. Great advertising, but not real.

And you are sure it's not the "mastering"?

Are the tools (MQA coder...) to conduct a true comparison really available in public?

//

TNT, I have explained it 2 times in this thread.

My conclusion is MQA is superior to CD regardless of the mastering differences, and MQA master is usually more audiophile conscious, Period. Just listen to those ECM, Blue Note or Deutsche Gramophone. If your goal is listening to good sounding music, there is no reason to avoid MQA, and it's free to try.

...My conclusion is MQA is superior to CD regardless of the mastering differences, and MQA master is usually more audiophile conscious, Period. Just listen to those ECM, Blue Note or Deutsche Gramophone. If your goal is listening to good sounding music, there is no reason to avoid MQA, and it's free to try.
Since when were ECM and Blue Note not "audiophile conscious"?
Deutsche Grammophon used to be, but appear to have been sabotaged by UMG with audible watermarking

Might want to try reading the MQA propaganda. They are trying desperately to sell it and pretty amazing at the groups seemingly willing to buy into this.

No more than any manufactuer selling it's own DAC / pre-amp / power-amp / speaker design, all their "unique" features and selling points.

I don't see it any differently to the whole industry. And there's so much of it, so much contradictng each other.. that it breeds subjectivism so as to not have to assess the potential BS, only listen to see if it's "better" .

Imagine people having to go through this kind of thread for every improvement claim a manufacturer made...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.