• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MOSFET AMP KITS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now here's something you dont find everyday.
Here are four complete, and brand new 120 watt (8 ohm) Mosfet Kits.
If you have the right power supply 220 watt (4 ohm)

Sound Master TA-477 Mosfet Kits All Mosfet outputs are Hitachi K135 and Hitachi J50 with the same batch number on all outputs 2H1 which means they are all matched to each other.
I bought and assebled these some time ago, and now they are for sale. I did finish one stereo amp which my brother is still using today with no problems.
He loves it on his Thiel 3.6 speakers, yes wow it sounds great. If you are looking for that tube like sound with a smooth yet warm midange and crisp upper end, extreamly clean sound then consider building this amp.
Asking price for what you see in the pictures is $800.00 Canadian. For four channels. Does not include power supplys. I do have the instruction assembly sheet.
The outputs K135 and J50 have never ben soldered to or used. these are all new items.

Attachments

• DSC00848.jpg
    DSC00848.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 865
  • DSC00860.jpg
    DSC00860.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 797
  • DSC00851.jpg
    DSC00851.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 769
  • DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 747
  • DSC00862.jpg
    DSC00862.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Did I mention that these amps are extremely rare and are lateral mosfet amplifiers?
I'm open to offers and trades. I hate to see these go to the dump. The only flaw in this design was the darn wirewound .22 ohm 5 watt resistors. These cause a 20khz feedback oscilation in the circuit. Change these to wirewound or remove them and you have a sweet sounding cool stereo amp. I remember when I built this and put it up against some of the big expensive amps and people were impressed and couldn't believe the power and clairity. There is like almost no negitive feedback distortion in these amps.
All you need is a plus and minus power supply of 45 to 55 volts (I used 55 volts) and your all set. Lateral mosfet amplifiers sound and perform just like tubes with a cleaner and nicer mid and high end. I just searched ebay and google and could not find a single lateral mosfet amplifier for sale. Grab these while the gettings good.

Looks like either no one wants these or no one believes these are the real Hitachi outputs. let me shine some light on your doubt. I bought these amps in 1996 the price sheet I still have says (Prices effective January 96) I'm now 52 so that would make me 37. I remember being a lot younger then. I was at one of the three audio/video repair shops I used to own that summer. I bought the kits, with dual toroidals and cases. The whole works from the states. Mark V Electronics 8019 E Slauson Ave. Montebello, CA 90640 1800-521-MARK (from the price sheet) TA-477 was $70.00 Asmb. $89.00
plus shipping, handling and gov. tax. Now if you want the kits for what they cost me back in 1996 just convince the gas compays to do the same for the price on gas for my car and we have a deal. It cost me $500 for four kits back then. If you trade me a HD990 cd player it's about the same. No loss no gain.
I'm keeping the cases and toroidals for something else. I'm a Certified Electronic Tech grad from NAIT in Edmonton and if you have any problems when you get the kits.
Well... you're on your own. Seriously, if no one wants these I will be junking them along with about 50k woth of old tubes and hard to find transistors I already disposed of.
I know... I didn;t think of putting them on here. But, from the response I've gotton on these kits you can't blame me. I'll leave the kits posted for another week then anyone can then did them out of the dumpster out back. Cheers to all. kjay.

I cannot believe someone has not made you an offer on these.

Please do not throw them away as that would be a huge waste. I would take them if I had the $$$$$$$ but sadly I don't, so if you decide to retire them to the dumpster just stick them in a box instead and I would happily send you the postage!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.