• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

morgan jones:output stages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built a lampizator srpp to replace the op amps in my cd player......After various tweaks I listen in complete disbelief at the sound coming out of my speakers...its crazy ...jaw dropping.......BUT!!!!!!!! I read in Morgan Jones that srpp is the worst choice for an output stage due to its distortion.....Jones does not conclude what is the best output stage....and so I am very confused...My srpp recieves a signal from a voltage out dac....the dac also gives balanced outputs (I do not use them)...the srpp feeds two tripath 2050 amps....so what do I have to consider when I try another output stage? mu/beta/differential/cathode I am lost.....or is srpp the best for the job?

hi miniwatt ..but how have you come to that answer???.
What has made you pick an anode follower???? Was it chance or was it sums?If it was sums what factors did you use to make the choice???

Several reasons. A lecture by peter van Willenswaard about pros and cons of different topologies, his personal conclusion was that the simplest circuits sound the best. Now I want to see if I agree with him :p

I never used the Lampizator srpp, I designed my own. Srpp is easy to calculate :eek: as is AF. All the others are a bit far fetched for me at the mo. Santa Claus is bringing me some more books ;)

So I'm following this topic to learn just like you. I'm a bit confused about what the difficulty with the load for a srpp is..

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Never heard of a Lampizator, can any one enlighten me?
Henry

Just a google away.. Hobbyist who has become famous designing tube mods for CD players in particular. Now apparently selling those mods to others.

Scroll down page to see hobbyist pages, click on photo to go to commercial site. Lukasz Fikus Lampizator

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.