Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I have a problem with the 4.1 version when running on my mobile. The volume slider(horizontal) one which comes on Portrait mode is missing. In Landscape mode, the round volume slider is there but not responsive to touch. Which means I cannot control the volume. Anybody else have that problem? Any way to fix it?

Hi, NuGuy Audio

Sadly, my Samsung Galaxy S5 has gone missing (that's a whole 'nuther story) so I've been unable to test against Samsung's version of Android. Bluetooth pairing has worked for me with my Nexus 6P phone, Nexus 7 and 9 tablets, and also with various BT speakers. Only my Amazon Echo continues to defy my attempts to pair.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent for the update on bluetooth. I am turning all renders off and the bluetooth receiver on. Both the Samsung S7 and iPhone 7 can see the device but are unable to pair. Is this all I need to do or am I missing something I don't know about. Anyone have input on how to pair devices using the moode 4.0 software in a RP-3B with a IQ digiamp+ hat??

1. avoid_pwm_pll=1 # This setting had been removed. avoid_pwm_pll=1 changes mmc clock * Issue #726 * raspberrypi/firmware * GitHub

2. cmdline.txt: idle=0 # seems only supported by x86 platform, The kernel’s command-line parameters — The Linux Kernel documentation

Hi Tim.
Thank you for your great music player.
I am a long time user of RuneAudio, and have always thought that it was the best player out there. But now after your 4.0 update, then yours have really impressed me alot!!
I have used some tweaks on my RuneAudio image, and I have tried some of them on yours
If you want, then you can try to use it on your testrig. I think that it improves the sound a bit.
i have added this in config.txt :

force_turbo=1

avoid_pwm_pll=1
arm_freq=333
over_voltage=-7
core_freq=166
h264_freq=166
isp_freq=166
v3d_freq=166
gpu_freq=166

# sdram overclock
sdram_freq=166

sdram_schmoo=0x021e882c

over_voltage_sdram_p=5
over_voltage_sdram_i=3
over_voltage_sdram_c=-13

and this is added in cmdline.txt:
dwc_otg.microframe_schedule=0 dle=0 dwc_otg.nak_holdoff_enable=1 dwc_otg.fiq_fix_enable=0 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0

I know that there are som drawbacks when underclocking as much as I have, and it is perhaps not necessary to underclock this much.. but it really sound great :)

especially the ram "tweaks" in config.txt is adding some sound quality.

All in all, thanks for your great player. Hope you can use some of this in your future sound optimisations.

Kind regards,
Rune Frost

1. avoid_pwm_pll=1 # This setting had been removed. avoid_pwm_pll=1 changes mmc clock * Issue #726 * raspberrypi/firmware * GitHub

2. cmdline.txt: idle=0 # seems only supported by x86 platform, The kernel’s command-line parameters — The Linux Kernel documentation

I can confirm that taking out the two lines helps things, I was getting drop outs for a few seconds at a time before doing this every dozen songs or so. Early days still but it does seem to sound better, more musical and integrated.
Only drawback I can see is it takes longer to boot and slightly longer to navigate.

Well done Rune and Jesset and everyone else who is striving for better performance. Turning off all the toys does make a difference to enjoying the content.

I can confirm that taking out the two lines helps things, I was getting drop outs for a few seconds at a time before doing this every dozen songs or so. Early days still but it does seem to sound better, more musical and integrated.
Only drawback I can see is it takes longer to boot and slightly longer to navigate.

Well done Rune and Jesset and everyone else who is striving for better performance. Turning off all the toys does make a difference to enjoying the content.

AFAIK both parameters are not known by the ARM-Linux Kernel and/or RasPi Firmware. So it doesn't matter if they are there or not. They do not change anything. These two parameters are not the reason why you hear a difference.

Micha

AFAIK both parameters are not known by the ARM-Linux Kernel and/or RasPi Firmware. So it doesn't matter if they are there or not. They do not change anything. These two parameters are not the reason why you hear a difference.

Micha

As I said early days on checking things out, but good to know that these lines may not be what's making a difference Michal.

Wonder what was causing my drop outs.......... I have installed MoOde 4.1 easily using shh command given by Tim. Went without a hitch.

I suspect but can't prove that it is differences like these between the world's regulatory domains which moved the Raspberry Pi Foundation explicitly to introduce Country Code setting in the lastest raspbian.

Country codes have always been there. And don't believe those power ratings. ;)

100mW is a euro standard

Hence, don't leave your Pi defaulting to GB - go for Korea :) Lots of watts - as many as the device can muster.

Country codes have always been there. And don't believe those power ratings. ;)

Yeah, but raspbian now requires you to set your country code explicitly before it'll turn on WiFi. The rascally rasbian rascals expect the user to do this via the interactive raspi-config program. Tripped us up in doing the port from the earlier raspbian. Had to dig through the muck to find where WiFi was being blocked. It tripped up DietPi and others too.

Come on over to the new forum: Moode Forum

Regards,
Kent

Is there a step-by-step for building moode on an existing Debian build?

I've just built a new box based on an H3 chip and Stretch, but I am going to have to build by hand, as there are too many references to raspberry, etc. in the build script.

It will do me good to do it line-by-line, too :)

Hi, Mike.

AFAIK, the closest thing we've got is Tim's manual build recipe, heavily raspbian-oriented. You can find it listed in Sources and also buried in the rel-stretch-r41 zip file.

Regards,
Kent

Last edited:
CurrentSong.txt not found

Hi all,
today arrived a new LCD display and I started to search info about the code need to "populate" it from Moode. I have the last version updated yesterday.
So, I set "Metadata File = ON" in order to force Moode to create and update the file "currentsong.txt" every time something changes in the Moode Web UI.
I start to play a song from my Library, and then I opened a SSH session (using Putty on my Windows PC) to jump in the var/www folder, where I should find the file.... Unluckly no currentsong.txt file is present in such folder.
Am I missing something?

I'd like to open that file in order to understand its structure and properly code the phyton script to update the LCD (when it will be connected...)

Any ideas?

thanks
Andrea

Radio station problems

I updated to 4.1 via the command line ... ssh .. etc. That all seemed to go well. Except now, the only radio station that 'works' is JB Radio-2 (Flac). The rest are all hiss. I'm running Piano 2.1 + Kali. All the settings are the same from prior to the upgrade. My Library of music (Flac) seems to play just fine.

Update: Same update (4 to 4.1) on my IQaudio PiDAC Pro set up on my other system has radio stations playing fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:
Before i sully the dedicated forum with my lack of unix/linux...

Does anyone know how to disable the LED on the Pi Board ?
Something in config.txt ?
Hopefully something simple like....
force_onboard_led_go_away = 1 ?

As my Pi (3B) is powered from the DAC board, i would like to reduce the the amount of current drawn. Down to that last 5mA.

Last edited: