Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I agree but repo looks fine for most people and tested it before replying :/
I also can't understand this try with NL repo :/

Never meet this and i built Moode a dozen of times today during testing phase before sending to Tim a new version.

It will restart at each boot until step file is not deleted but we must not see pi@moode$ in the log;)

@evert1, once you have rebooted after first phasis, did you launch something else than :
tail -f /home/pi/mosbuild.sh ?

Maybe someone could do a youtube video to show how using the automatic builder to avoid mistakes ?

@koda59

Like you, I've built many times for testing reasons and never had a build fail except for a dope-slapping mistake on my part or for interruption of my network connection.

The .deb file I downloaded sideways has the correct SHA256 checksum, as expected. I keep thinking that @evert1 is receiving an incomplete download somehow (an Internet search reveals that others in raspbian-land have occasionally experienced this problem in a variety of circumstances). Running a checksum on the incomplete deb gets the wrong answer of course and the build aborts.

Trying to make a build script bullet-proof is hard when you don't know how many different kinds of bullets might be fired at it.

Best wishes for the holidays.

Regards,
Kent

is this what you need?

Fetched 63.7 MB in 58s (1,091 kB/s)
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debi...0.0.3112.89-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1010+1_armhf.deb Hash Sum mismatch
Hashes of expected file:
- SHA256:3b34c374f79814b0606531978cfda617a9effd4afe9b06d483aa896188a48253
- SHA1:50e38b7bbba6d101a43cd7762c453a55b2d7c8b5 [weak]
- MD5Sum:e2d44c9a7bc6ea0358ed80654955b2ce [weak]
- Filesize:58358674 [weak]
Hashes of received file:
- SHA256:207ee01e28a985433f8a7ed67091dc44e85367f969bb7efaf12232e4d8b8b523
- SHA1:011d9183a91db09b6668732f06221e393b8a3882 [weak]
- MD5Sum:471e5a7c2c0002199bc3316a0a151abb [weak]
- Filesize:7307264 [weak]
Last modification reported: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:44:51 +0000
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
** Error: Install failed
** Image build cancelled
/etc/rc.local: 32: /etc/rc.local: /home/pi/mosbuild/moosimbu.sh: not found
/etc/rc.local: 32: /etc/rc.local: /home/pi/mosbuild/moosimbu.sh: not found
pi@moode:~ $ Get:124 mirror.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net | powered by LeaseWeb stretch/main armhf xorg armhf 1:7.7+19 [38.4 kB]
Hashes of received file:
- SHA256:207ee01e28a985433f8a7ed67091dc44e85367f969bb7efaf12232e4d8b8b523
- SHA1:011d9183a91db09b6668732f06221e393b8a3882 [weak]
- MD5Sum:471e5a7c2c0002199bc3316a0a151abb [weak]
- Filesize:7307264 [weak]
Last modification reported: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:44:51 +0000
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
** Error: Install failed
** Image build cancelled

Hello,

I am new here and I am also a beginner in the use of Raspberry Pi. I bought one (Raspberry Pi 3) only to use it with my DAC USB Maverick TubeMagic D2. Since I already have some knowledge in the Debian distribution, it was not very difficult for me. In the parts that I had difficulty (enabling SSH, for example), I easily found the documentation on the internet how to enable it within the image itself.

Instead of a micro SD to USB adapter, I used a pen drive to create the base image. After I finished, I used the Mac Terminal to extract it from the pen drive and create an .IMG copy that I then recorded in a micro SD.

Regarding the error mentioned, I was having the same problem when I configured Raspberry Pi to use a Wi-Fi connection in the Moode installation instead of the ethernet cable. Is that not your case?

I confess that I tested all the best known players, but by far Moode is the best and was my final choice. Congratulations to everyone involved in the project.

Like some of my colleagues here, I'm also using Google Tradudor. Sorry for the mistakes.

Regards,

Gustavo

Thank you HeeBoo - your script ran perfectly. For reasons I cannot debug, I was not able to get Tim's script to work.

For those wishing to use HeeBoo's script be aware that on my Pi3 with a very high-speed InterWeb connection the script took over an hour to execute. Be Patient - the results are worth it :)

Thanks again - and Happy Holidays

Hello,

I am new here and I am also a beginner in the use of Raspberry Pi. I bought one (Raspberry Pi 3) only to use it with my DAC USB Maverick TubeMagic D2. Since I already have some knowledge in the Debian distribution, it was not very difficult for me. In the parts that I had difficulty (enabling SSH, for example), I easily found the documentation on the internet how to enable it within the image itself.

Instead of a micro SD to USB adapter, I used a pen drive to create the base image. After I finished, I used the Mac Terminal to extract it from the pen drive and create an .IMG copy that I then recorded in a micro SD.

Regarding the error mentioned, I was having the same problem when I configured Raspberry Pi to use a Wi-Fi connection in the Moode installation instead of the ethernet cable. Is that not your case?

I confess that I tested all the best known players, but by far Moode is the best and was my final choice. Congratulations to everyone involved in the project.

Like some of my colleagues here, I'm also using Google Tradudor. Sorry for the mistakes.

Regards,

Gustavo

Have you space or special char in your SSID or Password for WIFI ?
In this case, it could explain ...
This is not yet fixed in the scripts on the moodeaudio.org site ...

Indeed, Heeboo fix that in his script or you could fix it yourself in mosbuild.sh

You need some changes on line 278 & 279

Replace :
Code:
		echo "SSID=$SSID" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "PSK=$PSK" >> mosbuild.properties

By:
Code:
		echo "SSID=\"$SSID\"" >> mosbuild.properties
		echo "PSK=\"$PSK\"" >> mosbuild.properties
as explained here by HeeBoo

Have you space or special char in your SSID or Password for WIFI ?
In this case, it could explain ...
This is not yet fixed in the scripts on the moodeaudio.org site ...

Hi,

I have underline in the SSID. The password is only composed of letters and numbers.

Sometimes when I tried to install Moode using the Wi-Fi connection, the installation started normally, but at some point there was always some error related to the checksum, always at random, that is, never in the same step. Using the connection via ethernet cable does not happen any error in the installation.

I don’t know where everyone is having problems. I have one of the worst internet connections on here, being third-world slow and unreliable and it worked fine.

I had to restart it once because the net disconnected, but it recovered fine.

Idiots guide:

Install raspbian stretch lite
Edit boot portion to have ssd file and set up networking (if wifi) and to add the install script
Put the sd card in your Pi, boot.
Ssh to Pi, start script, wait.

Done

It really is as easy as that.

If that’s too hard for you, maybe diy audio isn’t for you.

Thank you HeeBoo - your script ran perfectly. For reasons I cannot debug, I was not able to get Tim's script to work.

For those wishing to use HeeBoo's script be aware that on my Pi3 with a very high-speed InterWeb connection the script took over an hour to execute. Be Patient - the results are worth it :)

Thanks again - and Happy Holidays
+1.

I used Hee Boo's script with success. Very painless and also completed the installation in less than 2 hours.

I'm a complete newbie, and I got the install to work first time, I did it all on my mac via ssh. The only change to the instructions in build was that I had to use PI@<IP ADDRESS> instead of PI@moode.

The only small issue I'm having is that the Airplay renderer doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any advice on this?

I don’t know where everyone is having problems. I have one of the worst internet connections on here, being third-world slow and unreliable and it worked fine.

I had to restart it once because the net disconnected, but it recovered fine.

Idiots guide:

Install raspbian stretch lite
Edit boot portion to have ssd file and set up networking (if wifi) and to add the install script
Put the sd card in your Pi, boot.
Ssh to Pi, start script, wait.

Done

It really is as easy as that.

If that’s too hard for you, maybe diy audio isn’t for you.

thanks for calling me a idiot.!
if you can not behave maybe diy audo is not for you.
diy audio is about helping each other.
I followed the same steps as you did and for 2 days a got an error but yesterday it worked.
There are more people having the same errors

Last edited:
I'm a complete newbie, and I got the install to work first time, I did it all on my mac via ssh. The only change to the instructions in build was that I had to use PI@<IP ADDRESS> instead of PI@moode.

The only small issue I'm having is that the Airplay renderer doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have any advice on this?
Menu - Audio - AirPlay Receiver On - Restart AirPlay
Works for me. Are you using Apple devices?

Hi
Thanks to HeeBoo's script I got my Raspberry 3 to work with Moode, almost, I have to say, because I couldn't get any sound out of it, using the internal DAC . Which DAC is to choose ? Generic ?, RPI-DAC ?, USB ?, NONE ?.
The ' Driver Options' showing always " None available "
Arg....
Could someone help ?
Thanks in advance !

@meilenstein
Moode is designed for use with either a USB or I2S DAC, attached to or external to the RPi. This gives better sound than the HDMI or headphone output, which is presumably what you are trying to use.
You can buy a 'HAT' DAC that will plug into your RPi, with excellent sound for very little money.

Last edited:
thanks for calling me a idiot.!
if you can not behave maybe diy audo is not for you.
diy audio is about helping each other.
I followed the same steps as you did and for 2 days a got an error but yesterday it worked.
There are more people having the same errors

@evert1

You've jumped to the wrong conclusion... In the Anglo-Saxon world an Idiot's Guide equals to a bricklayer's guide or a dummy's guide, etc. i.e. the noun 'idiot' describes a person with limited/no skills in that particular domain... quite far from an insult.

There are more people having the same error but there are a lot more people who 'battled on' and have managed to go through the build process.

Two or three people have told the Galaxy (via this thread) that they give up on Moode Audio and they cross the frontline to another RPi player. Such a threat would have a lot of sense if the product is subject to a commercial transaction but it is not the case... There are several non-commercial RPi player solutions easily available and nobody is coerced into using any specific one...

It has been explained a few times the reason behind Tim's decision to move away from providing a build image. I can see that there is a group of very knowleadge people working with Tim for making the build process as streamlined and as easy as possible so we all need to be patient.