Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Once you've burnt the latest stretch image to an SD card (I use Etcher on Manjaro) you need to use the trick of copying an empty ssh file and wpa_supplicant.conf to the boot partition
This is the contents of my wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
ssid="BTHub-blahblah"
psk="keyblahblah"
}

Good luck:wave:

I created the "wpa_supplicant.conf" in boot partition but I don't think it's working. My router's admin screen cannot locate an IP of my Pi Zero W. I could not locate the "wpa_supplicant.conf" in boot partition after booting when I checked SD card using Win 10 computer. It must been deleted or moved to other directory.

I created the "wpa_supplicant.conf" in boot partition but I don't think it's working. My router's admin screen cannot locate an IP of my Pi Zero W. I could not locate the "wpa_supplicant.conf" in boot partition after booting when I checked SD card using Win 10 computer. It must been deleted or moved to other directory.

Hi,

It automatically gets moved into its home location on root partition

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

raspbian - Prepare SD card for Wifi on Headless Pi - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange

-Tim

Thank you, Tim, I repeated the installation and now Shairport is working :) I just repeat UPNP installation - hope this also helps -Josef
If you don't get the result below from the "which" cmd then maybe a missed step in the compile and install for shairport-sync.

pi@rp3:~ $ which shairport-sync
/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync

Just rerun the steps for component 4, and then afterwords the "which" command to confirm the binary exists. Then shairport-sync -V to verify the version.

pi@rp3:~ $ shairport-sync -V
3.1.3-OpenSSL-Avahi-ALSA-stdout-soxr-metadata-sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// COMPONENT 4 - Shairport-sync
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-Tim

Hi,

There is a small in-place update for Beta 6 that upgrades it to Beta 7, probably the last Beta before production 4.0, which will also be an in-place update :)

This update fixes some permission issues, removes a bad fat-fingered directory, and has some minor code fixes and updates. It MUST be run from cmd line AND on an un-squashed /var/www !! It might complain about a missing templatesw# directory. This can be ignored. The browser title will revert to "moOde Player" after the update. Use System config to change it.

Also, just to be safe u might want to backup /var/www and /var/local/www directories before applying the update.

sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r40b6

If u want to examine the update package and its installation script before installing it then run the cmds below.

wget http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/update-r40b6.zip
unzip update-r40b6.zip
cat ./update/install.sh

-Tim

Hi,

Just a friendly bump :)

-Tim

ES9028Q2M-chinese-board..Settings...

Hi Tim,
got here now working Beta7..wonderful (work, especially for this error-free build-recipe :)) as said !!
okay, got here at the moment an ES9028Q2M-chinese-board.."Generic-I2S-Hifiberry-DAC" works NOT (i use "Generic-I2S-rpi-dac" instead)..
so far so good..problem is this rpi-dac overlay is limited to 192khz..
had similar problems on other audio-distros before; was solved by using the "ES9023" without anything else, as setting/dtoverlay..
u had also on the supported Dac-list (Audio-Devices)->26. Generic-4 I2S (es9023-audio) and 27. Generic-5 I2S (simple-es9023-audio)...
i think in this (my) case this 26. (9023-audio) would be the right choice, but it didn´t show up/is not available via "Audio-config->Devices->I2S-audio-device.."
only Generic-I2S 1 and 2 (hifiberry+rpi)..
is this more or less a bug or was it determined before that these options are not available for this special dac-chip (sorry for my bad english, i´m (unfortunately ;-) )german) ?
but many many thx again for this wonderful "Moodeaudio" !!!

Last edited:
Hi,

It automatically gets moved into its home location on root partition

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

raspbian - Prepare SD card for Wifi on Headless Pi - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange

-Tim

I was able to connect to my network using the latest "RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE". However, I could not make it work on MoodeAudio V.3.8.2.

The followings are the contents ong "wpa_supplicant.conf" in boot partition.
country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
network={
ssid="KSK-1215-2.4G"
psk="password"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
group=CCMP
auth_alg=OPEN
}

Last edited:
This time BT works

I built beta 7 today. This time the Bluetooth works. But I am so afraid of if I power off the device the function would be gone.:( I will make a copy of this image immediately.

I have 2 more questions:
In build recipe 1.1 line 170, when I try to disable the blue alsa service, I got "Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory." Is this normal ?

In line 622, why it says "see STEP 7 main procedure," what shall I exactly do in this step?

Step # 2

Thanks Tim,

I have now got a result from the command "sudo fdisk -l -o Device,Start,Type | grep 0p" with offsets for the 2 partitions.

I will now work my way through the steps - thanks again.

Rob

I am just starting and have zippo linux experience. I have the usb with raspian stretch lite inserted into a raspberry pi. Before I screw up would you be able to tell if the linux commands from Tim's instructions are to executed from a specific location? Right know I am here "pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Thanks

I built beta 7 today. This time the Bluetooth works. But I am so afraid of if I power off the device the function would be gone.:( I will make a copy of this image immediately.

I have 2 more questions:
In build recipe 1.1 line 170, when I try to disable the blue alsa service, I got "Failed to disable unit: No such file or directory." Is this normal ?

In line 622, why it says "see STEP 7 main procedure," what shall I exactly do in this step?

Hi,

Thanks for being so precise in your report :) I'll have a look.

-Tim

Step #1 and Step#2

Thanks for this great (beta) release. The recipe is running without errors.

I thought about a easy way for step1 and step2 for all the "Linux Enthusiasts". Why not start directly with linux?

Code:
#STEP 1

cd~
mkdir moodebuild
cd moodebuild
wget [URL]http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_lite/images/raspbian_lite-2017-09-08/2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip[/URL]
unzip 2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip 

#STEP 2
sudo rm -rf /mnt/tmp*
sudo mkdir /mnt/tmp
sudo mount -v -o offset=4194304 -t vfat ~/moodebuild/2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.img /mnt/tmp
sudo touch /mnt/tmp/ssh
sudo sed -i "s/init=.*//" /mnt/tmp/cmdline.txt
sudo sed -i "s/quiet.*//" /mnt/tmp/cmdline.txt
sudo sed -i "s/^/net.ifnames=0 /" /mnt/tmp/cmdline.txt
sudo umount /mnt/tmp
sudo mount -v -o offset=48234496 -t ext4 ~/moodebuild/2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite.img /mnt/tmp
sudo rm /mnt/tmp/etc/init.d/resize2fs_once
sudo umount /mnt/tmp
sudo rm -rf /mnt/tmp
-tonno

Last edited:

I have 2 more questions:

Hi,

Thanks for being so precise in your report :) I'll have a look.

-Tim

Hi,

Typo on my part should be STEP 9 instead of 7 but that section needs tuning up anyway. Basically it was a note to myself that the services would have been already disabled in an earlier step thus the # to comment out the cmds.

The other issue, re: bluealsa.service, you should similar to below. If not then post back and I'll help troubleshoot.

pi@rp3:~ $ ls /etc/systemd/system/bluealsa.service
/etc/systemd/system/bluealsa.service

pi@rp3:~ $ sudo systemctl status bluealsa
● bluealsa.service - BluezAlsa proxy
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/bluealsa.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Fri 2017-11-03 21:58:05 EDT; 21h ago
Main PID: 972 (bluealsa)
CGroup: /system.slice/bluealsa.service
└─972 /usr/bin/bluealsa

Nov 03 21:58:05 rp3 systemd[1]: Started BluezAlsa proxy.

-Tim

Hi,

There is a small in-place update for Beta 6 that upgrades it to Beta 7, probably the last Beta before production 4.0, which will also be an in-place update :)

This update fixes some permission issues, removes a bad fat-fingered directory, and has some minor code fixes and updates. It MUST be run from cmd line AND on an un-squashed /var/www !! It might complain about a missing templatesw# directory. This can be ignored. The browser title will revert to "moOde Player" after the update. Use System config to change it.

Also, just to be safe u might want to backup /var/www and /var/local/www directories before applying the update.

sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r40b6

If u want to examine the update package and its installation script before installing it then run the cmds below.

wget http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/update-r40b6.zip
unzip update-r40b6.zip
cat ./update/install.sh

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry, what is the command to upgrade to beta 7? Thx.

Can't login in Step 3

Hi @onionhead,

Execute from home directory (~) which is the default location when you logon.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $

-Tim

Great Step 2 done. Made image and was able to power up. Boot up pauses at login Enter ssh pi@raspberrypi and enter pwd= raspberry. message login incorrect over and over. One weird thing to note. My keyboard treats shift 2 as as shift " and vice versa. T o make the @ symbol I have to use shift ". Could that be the issue or should I start over with step 2?

Hi Gents,

Recently, a few days ago, I've been getting some (not many) pauses and bumps while listening to music. 1 TB hard drive connected to the Pi3, with an external 5A power supply, so, no issues there (I think). All Flac, 44.1, 16 bit, nothing out of the ordinary.

I increased the buffer to 16K and fill up to 30%, and still, occasionally, the music skips.

Any clue where to look at the logs and see what's going on?

Cheers in advance,

Albert