Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

No one tried using a Remote with moode then?

I'm successfully using MoOde 3.7 with a JustBoom remote control. I soldered IR receiver onto the JustBoom Zero pHAT AMP and used the tutorial on the JustBoom website to install and configure LIRC.

I successfully used the same setup with the remote control on MoOde 3.1 and 3.6.

Have a look at the LIRC website (lirc.org) to see if your device is supported.

I'm successfully using MoOde 3.7 with a JustBoom remote control. I soldered IR receiver onto the JustBoom Zero pHAT AMP and used the tutorial on the JustBoom website to install and configure LIRC.

I successfully used the same setup with the remote control on MoOde 3.1 and 3.6.

Have a look at the LIRC website (lirc.org) to see if your device is supported.

Thanks for info, I will have a look. I have not actually got a remote I wish to use but could be interested in buying the FLIRC USB Universal Remote Control Receiver if it would work.

Hi @ICLIP,

Track not showing up in the log suggests that it may be corrupt in a way where MPD does not recognize it as an m4a music file, or possibly it has bad permissions, etc.

Maybe try examining the file with Mediainfo util, or re-rip just that track.

-Tim
That was fun! I reripped the whole album and then had two tracks, rather than one missing. Reripped again and it's now complete.

Thanks one is suptronic x4000(ess9018)
the other ess9028 (eBay)
Now I set dac to buffalo I/II that use ess9018

Neither of those manufacturers ESS dacs have official Ess firmware afaik. So the auto-mute function when switching between DSD and other sample rates will not be implemented .
That is exactly how my ebay ESS 9018K2m performed before the settings below.

Use the Generic-2 (rpi-dac) setting in MoOde config (not the buffalo!) and install the advanced LL kernel then edit /boot/config.txt and add simple-bclk-64fs as below....

LL or RT kernel the file /boot/config.txt should contain:

- dtoverlay=simple-es9023-audio,384k

There is also a driver option simple-bclk-64fs that can be enabled. If its enabled then config.txt contains:

- dtoverlay=simple-es9023-audio,384k
- dtoverlay=simple-bclk-64fs

That should give the quietest transition.....

Last edited:
Hi, my moode v3.1, rpi3 install is acting strangely. On restart the player has reverted to an earlier state. The current playlist has reverted to an earlier state (always the same one), play history does not include any of the music played since an earlier point, the database has reverted to an earlier state and does not include any recent additions. Also files I have added to my home folder (scripts) are gone and files I deleted (old config files) have returned.

I have preformed the maintainance tasks in the menu but still the older state is loaded upon restart. Any advice?

Hi Sergey,

How did u implement phase inversion?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

If I understood the question correctly.
I find the sound more elastic bass. Many transports and DAC Hi-End class have the phase switch from 0 to 180. I prefer to listen to your chord Mojo and Marantz HD-DAC1 with inverted phase. There is such a possibility in Album Player (only for Windows).
Audio player Album Player 2.110
We are talking about the use of headphones.

Sergey.

Neither of those manufacturers ESS dacs have official Ess firmware afaik. So the auto-mute function when switching between DSD and other sample rates will not be implemented .
That is exactly how my ebay ESS 9018K2m performed before the settings below.

Use the Generic-2 (rpi-dac) setting in MoOde config (not the buffalo!) and install the advanced LL kernel then edit /boot/config.txt and add simple-bclk-64fs as below....

That should give the quietest transition.....

Thanks will try

Hi Tim,

This product is a chinese product from Suptronics with the X4000 reference.

There is no driver for this DAC and it is supported with the "RPI-DAC" option if you choose the I2S interface to manage it.

I have found with Suptronics newer board that using the Advanced kernel and the drop down option for I2s Generic-4 ES9023 creates a quite excellent sound.

energyman

Bug in MPD

Hey Tim,
first thank you for your great Software. My Music is ripped in 32bit aiff and I spend a lot of time to edit the Metadata. Now we have since version 3.5 the bug in the MPD Part and I can´t see the Artist nor the Album. Do you know if anyone is working to correct this behavior or am I the only one who has aiff files?
Best wishes from Germany!
HG

I used to use aiff also, but most of my files were not recognized after the MPD update, so I reformatted my collection to alac and things work as expected again. Somewhere in this thread this is discussed with Tim, it seems to be a problem of corrupted metadata, but that seems strange to me, since I ripped my music mostly with iTunes. Anyway, alac works and sounds good, so I guess I will stay with it...