Mood-Lab NON-OS dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
reMC said:
Thanks but I don't need it anymore. Earlier this week, I visited Audio-Cube and they offered me a heavily modified version of the 47Labs dac to try home. The lay-out is still 47labs but all the components except the TDA1543 and the CS8412 are different and chosen/made by Cees Pel. I'm testing it a for few week/maybe months... If I like it in my set-up, it stays :) Btw, it's a lot more expensive then the mood-labs or any other kit but I already know the dac and I think I'm going to be really happy with it. Mood-labs was only meant as a cheap solution as I did not think I'd receive the modified 47labs so fast...

While I'm still very happy with the Pel modifications on the 47 Labs Shigaraki dac, I couldn't resist giving my DIY version of the tda1543/cs8412 dac another chance (I tried to built it a few times but it didn't work).

And now it DOES work :cool: I build it a few days ago so it's 'warming up' now. Sounds like sh*t (the normal, not modified, 47 Labs Shigaraki dac beats it in every aspect). Off course I didn't expect it to sound (very) good at the beginning, but there's always hope. :rolleyes:

In a week or so I'm beginning to tweak my dac, starting with replacing the 1k carbon resistors on the dac (I play with 5V) by 1k2 / 820R (whatever sounds best) and placing an extra small filter cap on the TDA1543 (what is that called?).

Other info about my dac: it's sort of like the DAC Attack, but with other values (1000uF on the powersupply cap in stead of 220uF, 5V on the dac, AN8005 regulators etc.)

Suggestions are welcome :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.