Mono Stylii

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MC true mono cartridge

I didn't realise they did an affordable mono*...as well as some unaffordable ones. But they are true monos which I didn't know anyone other than ortofon made these days. However they have changed to elliptical for the Kotetu.

That is why I've made a mono cartridge myself. It is heavily influenced by the legendary Fairchild mono cartridges from y196-something, and at the same time it is different.
200 wounds of coil put directly on the aluminium cantilever, closer to stylus, there the amplitude is wider, so it can be considered an air coil. Several listening sessions with different audiophile systems were very encouraging. Actually all of us were surprised, how good mono can sound...

Attachments

• P1010758.jpg
    P1010758.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010759.jpg
    P1010759.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010763.jpg
    P1010763.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Very nice. My ebay junk linn Asak has now arrived in Russia to be converted. After some prevaricating decided to rotate the coils 45 degrees so it measures M-S rather than L-R. I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I'm stubborn :p.

No one on here has admitted to trying a mono Decca. Any takers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.