MJ15032 and MJ15033 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any spec. on the MJ15032 and MJ15033 ? I'm building a tubeshunter NAP-140c kit which claims to be based on the Naim circuit. The kit came this TIP41C/42C drivers in place of the above but I can't trace a data sheet to see if they are suitable. In fact most of the semis are not are the PCB markings. Has anyone had a go at this kit?

Google will give you all you need, just put the device number in followed by datasheet :)

Look on the Motorola site for the definitive data on the MJ devices. The TIP devices are not perfect replacements they are just generic. If you look at the manufacturer site for the TIP devices they should have a datasheet. There are dozens of makers of TIP devices, not all quite the same specs as it's such a generic part.

OwenG said:
Does anyone have any spec. on the MJ15032 and MJ15033 ? I'm building a tubeshunter NAP-140c kit which claims to be based on the Naim circuit. The kit came this TIP41C/42C drivers in place of the above but I can't trace a data sheet to see if they are suitable. In fact most of the semis are not are the PCB markings. Has anyone had a go at this kit?

the TIP parts have lower Vceo ratings than the MJ's, so depending on your rail voltages, you may use them if those are +/-40 or thereabouts...

I've tried google but just get pages of suppliers or pay to download datasheet site, no of which seem to actually have a mj15032 in stock. Farnell has a mjE15032 so I'm beginning to think the the PCB markings are incorrect. can any confirm the existance of a mj15032 (without the E part prefix). The motorola site makes no refenace to componant manufacture just mobile phones and Di-lithium crystals javascript:smilie(';)')
wink

I looked at this one, they don't have an mj15032 but they do have a mje15032. It's a pay to view site and I'm from Yorkshire ;)

It looks like the mj15032 does not exist a indicated by Hugo. which is strange as I have seen the mj15032 mentioned in a few other posts. Maybe they have inadvertently dropped the E by mistake as well?

Ah! that would explain the gap in the Motorola website and also who Onsemi are. I've seen them on the Farnell website and even bought some of there wares not realising they were Motorola. nice one richie00boy :up:

It's beginning to look like MJ15032's are the lock ness monster of the component world. :Popworm:

Do a search for Motorola and MJ, you'll find that the Motorola bipolar Junction MJ series are metal case high power devices and the Motorola MJE code stands for plastic case power devices.
(same-same talky for the MPS(A-U) and MRF series transistors)

The highest Motorola made MJ number is the MJ15027, TO-3, don't know if On ever made them.
You'll come across lots and lots of schematics that refer to the MJEs as MJs, just slips of the pen, even familiar logo stuff.

Motorola Transistor

Thanks to the members discussing about the M. transistors, one thing make me confuse, about the numbering system for trs. does anyone knows about MJ, MJE, SJ, stands for.???

I am a new user in transistors, another numbering method like 2SA, B, C, D, F, H, --- ETC. does anybody guide me to the net or web where these explanations are.??? Thanks.

2S[ABCDFHJK] are Japanese transistors/FETs. "2" is the number of junctions (hence diodes start with "1S"), A and B are PNP while C and D are NPN. A and C are usually for high frequency and C and D are for low frequency purpose but the distinction is not clear these days.
2SF devices are thyristers/SCRs, 2SH are uni-junction transistors.
2SJ and 2SK are P-channel and N-channel FETs, respectively. Both JFETs and MOSFETs are registered here.

The numbers are registration number (sequential) at JEITA. The alphabet after the number indicates a revision (like popular 2SK30A).

Toshiba uses rainbow colors for ranks eg. O(range), Y(ellow), GR(een), BL(ue), V(iolet), etc. NEC used alphabet, L, M, etc.

I> am a new user in transistors, another numbering method like 2SA, B, C, D, F, H, --- ETC. does anybody guide me to the net or web where these explanations are.??? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.