Mixer Solo Logic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all-

I was just wondering how to make a relay-driven solo system for the mixer. All I know is that a DPDT relay will switch between Solo and Monitor as the master solo relay and that I will have to use relays to have a solo feature on the mixer. I'm aiming for PFL and AFL on both inputs and inputs.

How would I go about designing the solo? I don't want to use any computer-based solutions; I want everything about the mixer to be analog.

Solo is just another buss, like Aux1, Monitor2, and FX3, or for that matter left and right. On a lot of mixers punching up the solo switches the VU meter assigns by relay, but you are not required to do it that way.

A bazillion mixers already have solos and pfls and afls, so why not just get a few schematics of contemporary mixers with the feature and commandeer the circuit. WHy re-invent the wheel?

I know that Solo is a bus, but I would like it so that hitting any solo switch on an input would automatically disconnect the monitor signal at the headphone amplifier and monitor outputs and replace it with the Solo signal. In a way, I'm aiming for a hierarchy-based system where a PFL'd input will always override any other solo'd signal.

My goal is to have all this done automatically, so I figure that a relay is the only way to go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.