Mirage M1 grille cloth removal?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping somebody has an insight into what might sound like a complete newbie question... how the heck does the grille cloth come off the Mirage M1?

I've got what sounds like a damaged midrange in one speaker that needs repair (and might be tempted to do a full refreshing while in there), but the first step is getting underneath her skirt. Can't seem to find anything online. Anybody have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

I had these and i remove grills - but i dont remember it very well.

Anyway i wrote what i remember. There was stand attached with screws /if i recall correctly/. There was also side panels which can be removed - just pop them out - use some dull knife or something to level them up. These side pannels actualy stretch grill cloth. Once you pop out sides it should be obvious what to do next. Top panel is also just popped so it can be gentle levered.

I had these and i remove grills - but i dont remember it very well.

Anyway i wrote what i remember. There was stand attached with screws /if i recall correctly/. There was also side panels which can be removed - just pop them out - use some dull knife or something to level them up. These side pannels actualy stretch grill cloth. Once you pop out sides it should be obvious what to do next. Top panel is also just popped so it can be gentle levered.

Thanks for your reply.

I've popped the side panels out, they appear to be decorative only. Cloth could be glued at the top and nothing looked obvious on the sides.

I'll look at removing the base stand and see what that reveals.

Thanks again!

no just pop decorative panel /top - the one with lacquer/ The screws on main mdf cabinet lead to nowhere they just hold internal braces while they glue cabinet.
Only thing to screw is bottom base and drivers.

But it was long time ago so i hope i remember it correct :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.