• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mini-Group-Buy: Vishay-Roederstein MKP1837 bypass capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just as a quickie reference : the 1990 rate for buying a single of the 0.1uF/100Vdc predecessor of the KP1837 at Burklin-Germany was $0.572 at the current exchange rate
=> 0.4 $-cent difference (17 years later and 160V parts, <+3$c at the early '90 exchange rate )

Chapeau for the Dunhill smoker.

Ed LaFontaine said:
Mongo would like to know if he can assume the price for intermediate values remains unchanged from the beginning of the thread.

yup... we are nowhere near enough for the other denominations.

If you haven't paid yet, you can use the new value (I guess the "last will be first" in this instance). Just multiply by 1.03 (or add 3%) to get your total and send me this amount and I'll let you know what you owe when shipping time comes.

jacco vermeulen said:
Just as a quickie reference : the 1990 rate for buying a single of the 0.1uF/100Vdc predecessor of the KP1837 at Burklin-Germany was $0.572 at the current exchange rate
=> 0.4 $-cent difference (17 years later and 160V parts, <+3$c at the early '90 exchange rate )

Chapeau for the Dunhill smoker.

never look a gift horse in the mouth:

trojan_horse.jpg

I will be adding 25% more caps to the people who vote for more caps. The actual difference is 1 - (0.370 / 0.512) = 27.7% for the 0.01uF and similarly 1 - (0.576 / 0.796) = 27.6% for the 0.10uF. I'll truncate the decimal part and apply the change to your shipping.

For example, if you ordered (20) 0.10uF and (20) 0.01uF, Santa will be sending you 25 of each :cool:

Also, the first batch of 500 0.1uF and 500 0.01uF has shipped and I have a confirmed PO number from Newark. :smash:

I started looking into the International postal rates...

I can send up to 4 pounds via Priority Mail International for $9.00 Canada / Mexico and $11.00 all other countries. Honestly, this would be easiest for me as the post office provides all the mailing supplies, etc. and it will be quickest to get to you.

The only other feasible option is First-Class (rate charts by country are here):

http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immctry.htm

When the time comes, I'll ask you to choose one or the other. I have no idea for example how much 100 capacitors will weigh, but in Jacco's case (Netherlands), it would have to be less than 16 ounces for first-class to be more cost effective than the Priority Mail International option.

Take care!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.