Mini DV Camcorder Battery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two Lithium Ion batteries (Sony model # NP-FS11 and NP-FS11) and they are starting to go bad lately - after only about 6 months of use. The original NP-FS11 battery that came with the camcorder went completely dead after about a year.
For example, I can see "60 minutes" remaining on the camcorder on-screen and the next minutes the low battery indicator will start flashing and in another minute the camcorder will go to shut down mode. I do understand that a 120 minutes battery will not last 120 minutes but it should last at least 60 minutes. In my case, it only lasted 10 minutes.
When I measured the voltage across the terminals for both batteries, they both showed about the rated voltage, 3.6V. I did not measured the current though. I believe the charger (AC-VF10) is working properly.
Since these Lithium Ion batteries are pretty expensive and I don't want to have to replace them every six months, I was wondering if anybody has this same problem (& the solution) and did anybody contacted Sony about this already. I have been trying to find out if Sony has put out any service bulletin about this batteries but no luck so far.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.