• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ming Da 300b monoblock amps - AS IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to troll, but why didn't you just check the tranny primary and secondary for at least continuity and remove some doubt? Too much work, or just feel the need to be uncertain to make the sale?

Plausible Deniability: The act of someone who actively avoids gaining certain knowledge of facts because it benefits that person not to know.

Its 2 minutes of confirmation. It would have served you just as well as everyone else that may have been interested...correct?

First, this sale is closed

Second, no one asked for a simple continuity test. I do have someone interested in buying these next month, and I'll do that check before I sell and ship them.

Since I caught some much crap for this sale (still scratching my head about that), thought I should post one last follow up.

Sold at asking price to a member that was a few hundred miles away, so shipping was less then shipping across country.

I did perform a continuity test before shipping, and OT and PT measured fine.
He found some wiring problems in the amps, fixed them, and fired them up and they worked fine.

He said he was very happy with them, and last I heard he was going to use them in his main system.

Randy

Wonderful deal for both

I bought Randy's Mingda monoblocks. They were prototypes for this amp.
audiocostruzioni.com

The interior and circuitry was identical to the amps shown above. A previous owner started modifying them and made some circuit mistakes. I fixed the mistakes and replaced the parts that were removed for the "modification". Fired them up and they were excellent. Frequency response at 8 watts out was flat from 20hz-20khz. And they have that 300B midrange.

I bought them because I am familiar with Mingda transformers. The transformers in each monoblock weigh 34 lbs. And I have been waiting for a companion to Mingda MC300B-845A mono blocks that I acquired for the low end of a biamped speaker system.

This worked out well for Randy and me. I got a tweeter amp that I could afford and he was able to buy a high end headphone set that he wanted.

The are the 845 push pull mono blocks.

Attachments

• Mingda MC300B-845A Monoblock.jpg
    Mingda MC300B-845A Monoblock.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Amplifier Tube View.jpg
    Amplifier Tube View.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.