Michael LaFevre of Magnequest passed away.

Michael LaFevre ("Moto Mike") died March 25, 2023 at the age of 67. Below are the details for his funeral services. His family would welcome your presence. - This post is from his eldest daughter, Rosella.
Yesterday my Daddy passed away.

I have been trying to call, text or message those who knew him and loved him. (Please don’t hold it against me if I missed you.)

He was kind to plan his funeral service ahead of time. And I would love for anyone who knew him to join me and his surviving siblings, Charles La Fevre, Kathy Skinner, and Leon LaFevre, for a funeral to honor his life.

Saturday, April 1
11 am viewing
Snyder Funeral Home
327 Easton Rd, Riegelsville, PA 18077

Funeral procession to Nockamixon Union Cemetery to follow the viewing
482 Church Hill Rd, Ferndale, PA 18921

Refreshments at

St John UCC.
651 Easton Rd.
Riegelsville, PA 18077

If you are unable to make it but knew Dad, please do me the incredible kindness of sending me a card or note sharing a memory (or many) of him. This would be very comforting to me.

Message me for my cell and/or mailing address.

I also welcome you to check in on me if I come to mind in the days, weeks, and months ahead. It will never be an imposition and I’ll tell you honestly how I’m doing.

And if you know anyone who I should call or text to tell about Dad’s passing, you can send me their name and phone number.

I think that’s it for now. Please enjoy the pictures of my handsome papa.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1679900889211.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679900889211.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 152
  • FB_IMG_1679901136437.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679901136437.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 153
  • FB_IMG_1679901125644.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679901125644.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 149
  • FB_IMG_1679901146935.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679901146935.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 152
I bought my first set of transformers from Mike in the 1990s and have bought many more since. I really appreciated his attention to detail and his willingness to build small batches of very special products. I last bought a pair of nickel "pinstripe" B18 transformers just a few years ago and really love them. I will treasure all the transformers I have made by Mike, even as I lighten my load of audio equipment.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 users
Oh dear! I too had a lot of phone conversations with Mike, plus the pleasure of an in-person visit in Philly. What a fun day it was! I saw the winding operation in the basement of his row house and sat in his open-frame racer. I too bought my first DIY output transformers from Mike, a pair of FS-030's, and built a pair of Joe Roberts WE91 clones on maple breadboards! They sounded wonderul with my ProAcs! My wife remembers them fondly and still wonders why I didn't stop there. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
The good ones are always taken from us too soon. Mike influenced a great number of us in the audio community. I will always remember him as a larger than life figure that made time for the average Joe. His presence will be missed.

• Thank You
Hello Rosella:
Although it was back in the early '90s, your dad and I spent a lot of time on the phone talking transformer design theory and, to a lesser extent, construction. I eventually sold him a LeCesa coil winder I bought from Peerless in Anaheim, CA when they closed many years ago. He and a fellow who used to work for LeCesa brought it back to life and wound transformers on it to the original Peerless and Acro specifications.
You can reach me at the e-mail address linked on my site here:

https://www.pearl-hifi.com/08_Contact_Info/Contact_Info.html

You can call or text my cell'. The landline is down for the moment as I'm moving to British Columbia and have to get the telco to set up a permanent forward to a new number I don't have yet.

Best regards,
Bill Perkins

Last edited:
  • Thank You
All,
Mike and I started working together in 1988. At that time he didn't know much about winding but had accumulated a bunch of designs from Peerless/Altec and we probably talked over the years more than I did my own brother.

I probably have the largest stash of stuff as I would be talking to Mike and he would finish a batch of something without any orders and I would just grab it so that he had some cash.

He will be very much missed as I go through boxes here at work and wonder what the hell some of this stuff is :)

Gordon

Reactions: 1 users