member's flag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i wonder why some members of the forum even though located in chez republic for example are using a scotish flag ...

i can understand if someone is originally coming from Taiwan and now days live in holland to like to use his home flag

i cannot understand if someone that is originally from poland uses an australian flag to """add """ more prestige to his sayings ...

above flags is just an example ....

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Sakis, In Australia we call people who have migrated from other countries to Australia and taken up Australian citizen ship Australians, and many are very proud of the fact. So if someone from Poland came here and became a citizen, then why shouldn't they fly an Australian flag?

Of course if someone is using another countries flag, but they are neither from that country, nor living there, then one might question what that is about?

Tony.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Could one choose a friesian flag?

Just a little gay.

100px-Frisian_flag.svg.png

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't even remember how that flag came to be next to my name.
I'm not british, I just happen to live there.
Could one choose a friesian flag?

User Control Panel > Edit Details> Additional Info at the bottom. A user can choose any flag that takes their fancy. Friesian is not in the list (it is part of the Netherlands?) AFAIK UK is the only political entity that also has flags for subsets (England, Scotland, Wales) and the EuroZone flag is the only superSet.

Flags were originally added to emphasis the diversity & international nature of the forum, to remind posters that for many English is not a 1st language, and to help with inquires of a local nature.

dave :cop:

Attachments

• AddInfo.gif
    AddInfo.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 66
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.