MCM 55-2982 T/S Params and a Ghetto System

Thanks, that makes perfect sense, the box clearly isn't, it's far too small. Which is why I was concerned about 60hz where there's a nice bump.
Oscar caught my error, add 6 dB (not subtract) to the 2meter test for a one meter equivalent :eek:.

Sensitivity is all relative to the frequency tested at, obviously your box won't be as loud at 40 Hz as 60 Hz.
And as frequencies below 60 Hz are tested with a dB meter on "C" scale, they are attenuated, a "flat" 20 Hz will read -6 dB "C" scale, while 60 Hz will only be a fraction of a dB down, assuming a properly calibrated SPL meter.

60 Hz is on the low side of chest thump, why be concerned about a 60 Hz bump?

Oscar caught my error, add 6 dB (not subtract) to the 2meter test for a one meter equivalent :eek:.

Sensitivity is all relative to the frequency tested at, obviously your box won't be as loud at 40 Hz as 60 Hz.
And as frequencies below 60 Hz are tested with a dB meter on "C" scale, they are attenuated, a "flat" 20 Hz will read -6 dB "C" scale, while 60 Hz will only be a fraction of a dB down, assuming a properly calibrated SPL meter.

60 Hz is on the low side of chest thump, why be concerned about a 60 Hz bump?

From a frequency response point of view, I wasn't concerned about it, I was only concerned about getting as close as I can to an accurate measure of sensitivity. It's not that big a deal really, I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not missing anything simple or obvious.

tnx