McIntosh MCD7000 laser adjustment?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have bought a used "mint condition" McIntosh MCD7000 CD player from 1988, I gess the age.

The player has a complete new drive and laser. It sounds good (in my opinion) but when I play MP3 the sound is not as It should be; it is digital "squared" and doesn't allways track for a while. How can I adjust the laser, is it possible to adjust while listening with "bad" MP3 recording and succeed to adjust for tracking or do I need to have instruments?

How can I adjust the laser and where?

Regards AKKA[help=]%[/help]

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Don't even think about tweaking the laser power without equipment and know how.

As to your problem... MP3's ? That means you have burned tracks to a CDR or RW. Yes :) I would guess that RW's are not even supported on something of that age and CDR can be "fussy" meaning that what plays on one player won't always play on another. It can be down to several reasons, not least the kit used to burn the CDR and the discs themselves.

If your player is OK on "red book standard" discs (normal cd's) then I honestly think that is as much as you can hope for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.