Maybe these forums need rearranging?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is very hard to follow the many threads in the Passlabs part of this forum. The threads are very long. I am new here and have to spend many hours reading through thousands of posts for bits and pieces of information, I want to learn.

I think Passlabs needs ther own forums, with multiple categories.

What do you think?

You just registered yesterday and already complaining?

Easy there. I was just making an observation. I've read in this forum before. Just haven't bothered to register.

I have used other forums in the past and noticed this one has some particularly long threads. Some wander off the subject for pages.

It would be helpful if there were several subject categories for Pass Labs since it's so popular.

It's really a compliment to Nelson Pass' Ingenuity and generousity.

Another suggestion, if practical possible, is to setup the search results so that only the relevant pages containing the search criteria, are displayed and not he complete thread with all other irrelevant info. :goodbad: :idea:

Otherwise, this forum is the best organised with the nicest appearance, frienliest and most helpfull members and "userfriendlyness" that I ever had used (saying that , where is Harry these days? )

Joined 2003
Paid Member
labjr said:
It is very hard to follow the many threads

Hi, labjr

Welcome to the forum;
Indeed some threads are endless..
What I do is save them on my hard disk ('Show printable version', and 'Show all xxx(x) posts from this thread on one page') then save.
You could then edit the thread and keep what’s relevant to you.
This makes searching and reading inside a thread a lot easier.
Unfortunately you loose the pictures.
Oops, thylantyr said something similar.

/Hugo ;)

labjr said:
You just registered yesterday and already complaining?;)

Easy there.

It would be helpful if there were several subject categories for Pass Labs since it's so popular.

First of all, my comment suppose to be treated as a joke.

Second, when using search feature, you can find info on almost every subject, and I think that even if you had categories in Pass Labs forum, you would still be using search.

Third, it's a bit strange that a new member starts posting with rearrangement suggestions, instead of introduction. (and this can be trated as joke too;))

Hey Peter,

Don't try to make a living as a jokeman... :dead:

Peter Daniel said:

First of all, my comment suppose to be treated as a joke.

Second, when using search feature, you can find info on almost every subject, and I think that even if you had categories in Pass Labs forum, you would still be using search.

Third, it's a bit strange that a new member starts posting with rearrangement suggestions, instead of introduction. (and this can be trated as joke too;))

;)

Attachments

• fathom.png
    fathom.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 323
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
labjr said:
It is very hard to follow the many threads in the Passlabs part of this forum. The threads are very long. I am new here and have to spend many hours reading through thousands of posts for bits and pieces of information, I want to learn.

I think Passlabs needs ther own forums, with multiple categories.

What do you think?

We have a mechanism for getting the info out of the threads but it requires member involvement. We encourage members to go thru threads and extract the really useful stuff into Wiki pages.

and expect the search to improve when the old creaky BB software this is running on changes shortly.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.