• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Maya IV developments

YES Jens!
I have spent some weeks polishing the sonic and after a lot of hard work I am overjoyed with the result.
The fourth version of the Maya is a revelation. More scale, more resolution, more bass and a quieter background I am very, very happy. It is truly my flagship product and with the Titan I am considering dropping the SAKSA 85. I have invented a new phrase - 'surf bass'. Using a pair of large Harbeth speakers with my first buyer we noticed when listening to Elgar the deep bass came to us along the carpet then reached our feet. Then it came up through our legs to our body with such force and subtlety we realised this was knew - I never would have expected this but it has came around after decades of building amps. We compared the Maya 423 with two expensive amps, one made in the US and the other from Denmark, and the Maya wiped the plate by a marked degree.

I have plenty of stock now; I have had a helluva time with supply lines. I made a decision to manufacture in Oz to control quality and IP security and I am pleased because this is probably my best amp.
Thank you for your long-standing commitment and interest, this makes my effort fulfilling and motivating.

Ciao
Hugh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Wow, Hugh! The new Maya version appears to be yet another leap up the ladder :D

Are we at a point where you are prepared to share a piccie of the new wonder?

Anyway, I will make sure to let interested people here know that the new Maya is now available ;)

And I guess I will have to see if I can find the funding for the new baby for my new, active loudspeaker project (not yet finalised) ...

Cheers,

Jens

Hi Jens,
First photo of the Maya IV. More to come........
Cheers,
Hugh

Attachments

• Maya423foto1.jpg
    Maya423foto1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 258
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, Felipe, footprint is identical and the two M3 bolts are identically drilled at 150mm. I have been blown away by how much better this model really is; I never expected this, but then I thought the original Maya 217 was very good!!
Same transformers, VA and Vac figures, identical. Plugs directly into your existing case. I feel somewhat sheepish that I have produced an even better Maya; but I cannot help myself........

Hugh

1697707388207.png

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Felipe,
Thank you for your for post! I am selling now and have two local sales right now.
I have been really pleased with the sonics; this is a considerable step up from the 2017 version and actually I am embarrassed because I cannot stop finding improvements!

Maya423Dec-5.jpg

And I battled supply line issues during version 423, but these problems are resolving. And I have moved to Toshiba input smd transistors with significantly less noise.

Hugh

Last edited:
First impressions of the Maya IV is reduced harshness and increased clarity and realism. Not that the last iteration was lacking any of this. It's just another level that you'd never think was possible. I have had the LF55, Naksa 70 and Maya. And with this iteration of the Maya I am pretty sure you could pitch it up against any amp at any price point. Hats of to Hugh. I am in love with this amp.