Matching speaker sensitivities

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok.. In a few weeks' time, i'll start work on my most ample project to date: 5 (five) bi-amped, 2-way cabinets, with a 35/50W mid-woofer and a silk dome tweeter. Now, the mid has an SPL of 82dB @1W/1m, while the tweeters are around 90-92 dB.

My question is: How can i (measure, if needed and somehow) equalize the sensitivities of the speakers??? (i.e. reduce the tweeter from 90-92 to 82 dB, to match the mid-woofer)

Note that i intend to use a 4th order Linkwitz-Riley crossover before the power amps for each cabinet, and the output buffers have a level control for each frequency band (mid and high, respectively).

Well, i don't want to build anything like a PA system, so 4 woofers per tweeter is out :rolleyes:

The thing is that i wanna come out pretty cheap, so i'm gonna be forced to do some compromises. This mid-woofer is something like 7$ so... :)

Umm.. getting back on topic, know any links to something related to L-pads?

http://sound.westhost.com/project09.htm

Or better yet, some data about the relationship between the output buffer 's pot's travel and the actual SPL (if there is a remotely linear relationship...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.