Martin Logan Aerius i strange problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
You should use 105C 10,000 hour caps on the power supply board. They do not conduct the audio signals to the ESL section, they are the power supply caps and coupling caps for the music sense circuit to turn on the HV power supply. So no reason to use lower life audio grade caps.

The 8 brown film caps caps (C 13 - C16 and C19 - C 22) on the board can benefit being changed to Wima polypropelene (same voltage or higher) and the 8 diodes (D15 - D21) near them to UF 4007.

The red LED indicates the HV supply has been turned on, try changing the OP amp, check the diodes, transistors, and triac. Do not check with AC power applied, its not expensive to change those parts if you can’t find the problem.

Last edited:
The opamp and the triac are both good. The problem i had was in the wiring of the LED, exactly where i did not expect to find it.

Your ideea with Wima it is not bad. First i want to see what is the problem with the panel. I contacted a dealer of ML for a pair of new ones and he gave me the price of 1200euro ....to much for an old pair like Aerius. As the difference between the good panel and the "bad" one it is barely noticeable ..i am not in a hurry and will try to search other alternatives.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.