MarkAudio MAOP 11 single driver loudspeaker

Sounds sort of nice, but me being very familiar with that Rickie Lee Jones track from Pop Pop, I found it sounding quite artificial and mid-fi. A lot of hard edges, lacking clarity and air, which is in the recording.
Overall rather disappointing.
Cannot say anything about the other pieces of music.
This is one problem with youtube music samples, one needs to be familiar with the music to be able to judge it.

Reactions: 1 user
I listened to it in a distributor's listening room about six years ago and found that with a bass reflex of this size, the low frequency range was limited to 60 Hz.
The enclosure material was hard, so the sound was crisp and clear, but the overall treble sounded strong.

MA listening room.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
quite a collection of full rangers

This is an audition speaker for sale, not for collection.

Mr.Nakajima of the Japanese distributor does not like the sound of resonance (BH, ML-TL, and TQWT, etc).
So the Japanese distributor sells only bass reflex.
I may be the only one who has built frugel-horn in Japan.

You have mail: I've forwarded my email of the 17th & 21st again, as it seems to have gone astray. You'll see it includes the basic external dimensions of two enclosure options, one of which is on your specified height limit, the second being a little shorter and slightly wider to compensate.
Hello,

What would be the best way to place the speaker wire inside the cabinet in case of a MLTL design ......

Same as any other enclosure really: quite literally 'as you like', just ensuring it doesn't rattle against the walls, driver, duct or braces, or if it punches through an internal baffle, that the gap is properly sealed (last three as / where relevant). It's more an aesthetic choice than a functional one about where you prefer to connect the external speaker leads.

Last edited: